facebook

kappa kappa gamma

by: Curious

When does recruitment start for Kappa Kappa Gamma? How will that work?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Kutta Kutta Wait Wut   

KKG is colonizing USM??? Where did you get this?

By: Kutta Kutta Wait Wut
#2  by: Well,   

I am an alumnae, and several of the girls in my sorority told me its a sure thing that KKG is colonizing. I've been hearing it since last October..

By: Well,
#3  by: Until   

We won't get another sorority on campus until each present sorority can stay above quota....as in until no one has to do spring recruitment.

By: Until
#4  by: Incorrect   

That's not true. The chances of every single sorority staying above quota are slim to none. You will always have one or two houses that excel and recruit far above quota, just as you will always have one or two houses that fail to make quota. The system typically fits on a nice little bell curve on how recruitment goes, it's just the nature of the beast. However, you should also know that the average sorority size at Southern Miss is far above national averages (I know it's hard to believe, but do some research - they are), so it would make total sense to add another chapter to offset the gap. Not to mention I'm sure the GLO has been itching to get a legitimate sorority into the empty Kappa Alpha Theta house for some time now.

By: Incorrect
#5  by: In The Know   

USM is currently open for NPC expansion...no earlier than next Spring (2014), but more than likely it'll be Fall of 2014. What this means is that any NPC group wishing to put in a proposal to colonzie at USM may do so now. When USM is ready, they'll choose their top contenders, bring the national groups on campus for a presentation and then the sororities currently at USM will each get a vote as to whom they'd like to offer the spot to. Yes, KKG has been mentioned. So has Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Phi, and perhaps AOPi. No one will know for sure which NPC groups are actually putting in proposals until they are presented to the CPC groups at USM.

Bringing a new group on DOES NOT hinge on current groups staying at (or achieving through fall 2013 recruitment) chapter total. Yes, it is a concern that all groups currently at USM be healthy before bringing on a new group...but, the fact is that 6 of the 7 are healthy and thriving and have outgrown their houses. The simple truth is that those 6 groups cannot keep up this pace...and will not be forced to set quota artifically low just for the 1 group who struggles year in & year out. Bringing on another group could actually generate new interest in Greek Life at USM and HELP this struggling group improve. But, regardless, the truth of the matter is that Southern Miss IS currently open for expansion.

By: In The Know
#6  by: In The Know   

P.S. FYI - The Kappa Alpha Theta house is NOT empty right now...and has not ever been empty. When KAT left USM back in 2008, the university offered that house as housing for upper level nursing students. So, the house has been inhabited ever since it was built...it's just not being used by Greek students at this point. If, however, USM does extend an invitation for a group to colonize, that house will go back to being a sorority house.

By: In The Know
#7  by: update   

The four groups coming to USM to present are Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Omicron Pi, Tri Sigma, and Sigma Kappa

By: update
by: truthJul 25, 2013 10:47:53 PM

That's not exactly accurate... While it IS true that the 4 groups you list submitted packets to USM for expansion, not all 4 will be invited to present on campus. Most likely 2 of the 4 will be offered a campus visit to present and it'll go from there. At this point, the good money is on Alpha Chi Omega. I've even go out on a limb and say they've got everyone else at odds of about 2:1. Even odds to AOPi and the other 2 are not gonna happen.

By: truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.