facebook

Is this school good?

by: cheers

When the world thinks of elite schools, we think of: MIT, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Caltech and Stanford, with Penn and Columbia trailing close behind... others might go further and include Duke, Chicago and Williams, but I wouldn't.. anyways is Dartmouth even worth it? I mean it's just not one of the elite prestigious schools, and I heard it can get real stressful up there in the winters lmaoo... besides heard everyone there drinks cheap beer and wishes every day that they went to HYPSM haha

Posted By: cheers
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: dont reproduce   

i mean we arent Harvard or Yale and not Columbia or Penn, but still better than what your dimwit brain can intellectually afford

By: dont reproduce
#2  by: jfelwjfekln   

Almost certain this is a troll question but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and dignify it with a response.

Dartmouth is 6th in the country (and top half in the Ivy League) for number of Rhodes Scholars produced, well ahead of your so-called "elite" Caltech, Penn, Columbia, Duke, Chicago and Williams. We are also 5th in the country (again, top half in the Ivy League) in terms of average salary upon graduation (and, again, well ahead of your "elite" schools like Yale, Columbia, Duke, Chicago and Williams). And we are 8th in the country (once again, top half in the Ivy League) in terms of endowment per student (which places like Penn, Columbia, Duke, and Chicago could only dream of). Finally, Dartmouth has been ranked 7th in the country for undergraduate teaching by USNews, which, as I'm sure you could guess by now, is easily top half in the Ivy League and better than the significant majority of the schools you deem superior.

To put this into words you might be able to understand, Dartmouth offers its students noticeably better teaching and resources than most of the schools you listed above. This then translates into measurably and objectively more successful alumni.

And, to make sure you're well aware that whoever told you Dartmouth students wish they were at hypsm has their head lodged firmly up their ass, each incoming class is comprised roughly 50% of students who applied early decision. And many more, like myself, come in from regular decision having had Dartmouth as their number one school and having even chosen it over an acceptance from an hypsm.

So, on behalf of all of us in Hanover, save yourself the application fee this fall and instead maybe try your local directional state school. I think you'll find it a little more your speed.

By: jfelwjfekln

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.