facebook

pls

by: Wondering

Will the geek system here ever expand? It sucks to see other schools with gorgeous houses and competitive recruitments and come here with like four options. I know there is a market for it, like there are tons of girls I know who want to rush but want more options. Is there any chance of houses like DG, Tridelt, ChiO, or Pi Phi coming here? I know that it takes more effort to bring sororities than frats because of Panhellenic regulations, but still.

Posted By: Wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Panhelleniclove   

As long as the number of women who want to join sororities continues to grow, (it has been steadily) we will add more chapters to this campus. You do have to wait between a year and two years between adding chapter to a campus after one just colonized/chartered though. If you're an upperclassmen you probably won't see another chapter start here.

By: Panhelleniclove
#2  by: Numbers   

It will probably be a few more years before NPC expansion. One NPC sorority left in 2000 with another chapter leaving in 2008. In addition, one of the chapters on campus went through a reorganization where the headquarters came in and recruited members around 2010. Membership has made great strides since then. It is generally best to let a new chapter get 2 formal recruitments under their belt.

By: Numbers
#3  by: remember   

The NPC groups you list may not be interested in colonizing on the SIUC campus. Some groups are rather particular about where they will place their new/recolonized chapters. An individual sorority's private standards and requirements for beginning a colony weigh more heavily than a simply hearing that a group of students "want PBP, 3D, DG or XO here next!".

By: remember

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.