facebook

rushing

by: Pirate Queen

I'm an upcoming sophomore and I want to go Greek. Is there a way for me to still rush a sorority? Is there fall rush at SHU and what sororities are participating? Also how selective is it? Would spring rush be harder due to freshman girls? Please let me know!

Posted By: Pirate Queen
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Info   

There is informal rush in the fall at seton hall however only some of the sororities participate in it. You're better off doing spring recruitment so that you can meet all the different sororities at one time. The only sorority that is infamous for only wanting freshman is alpha phi.

By: Info
by: Shu sophAug 5, 2015 5:45:24 PM

How does informal rush work and I really want to rush phi but I'm not sure if they'll accept me since I'm a rising sophomore

By: Shu soph
#2  by: I   

AST and gams are doing informal recruitment in the fall. You actually get to know these 2 orgs more personally if you do it in the fall. I say do informal recruitment to check these orgs out but if you don't like them then do formal recruitment

By: I
#3  by: Not   

Informal is like a 3 week process of rushing and there's a lot of activities you get to do with the org, so you actually get to know them more in a deeper level. Rather as formal recruitment you talk to one girl for 15 minutes in the first round and they are your only ticket to get you in the next round so it's a lot more competitive. Two orgs are doing informal AST and gams give these 2 orgs a try and have fun with the process 😊

By: Not

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.