facebook

rushing & gpa

by: Transfer Student

I'm going to be transferring to SEMO fall of 2016, and couldn't be more thrilled to rush. But my main concern is my GPA. I have around a 2.7ish right now in my first semester of college only carrying 13 hours. In high school I was involved in tons of activities including 3 choirs ( president of one ), the theater program, cheerleading ( freshman & sophomore year ), and a school sponsored incoming freshman mentoring program that ran all year long. I'm also a very artsy and outgoing person. I've struggled with minor learning disabilities in math and english since the 4th grade ( looking at me, you 100% couldn't be able to tell ) but still carried around a 2.8 GPA. So therefor I'm super concerned that academically none of the sororities will offer me a spot, and I want to be involved in the SEMO greek life more than anything. Any advice??

Posted By: Transfer Student
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Frat guy   

It's really all about who you click with. You can read all you want on Greek rank about who the top rated sororities are, but it all comes down to who you feel the most comfortable with. Personally, I came down to college thinking I was joining a set fraternity but went to a different rush event and met a ton of guys that I felt comfortable being around and right then and there I knew that that is where I belonged. The moral of this is that go to many events that there are during rush week and see who you fit in with the most. That is bottom line the top thing that I am glad I did during rush week.

By: Frat guy
#2  by: Semo   

delta will take a 2.8 the others wont

By: Semo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.