facebook

why do we hate on eachother all the time?

by: Bernie

This is a serious question. I've read and heard countless instances of greek students hating on other greek students/organizations.

---For those of you who do not care for other greek students/organizations; could you tell me of some the instances/examples of what made you feel negatively towards certain organizations?---

I ask this because it seems anyone outside of greek life in today's society has negative feelings towards greek life. It would be nice to have the fraternities/sororities support their fellow greeks, instead of add to the criticism and hate we already get from society outside greek life. But that is kind of a pipe dream, so i'd like to know why we feel the way we feel towards each other.

Posted By: Bernie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

There are girls in certain sororities who won't treat anyone "lower" than them with respect. Not all girls in these organizations are like that, but those that do give their entire sorority a not so nice reputation.

By: Truth
#2  by: michael    

some fraternities and sororities refuse to follow the rules - and have for years. now that susan west is finally enforcing them, they whine and complain and act like a bunch of victims. these spoiled brats give the entire greek community a bad name and should be expelled from greek life. non-greeks don't respect greeks anymore because of this - every male/female pledge that is hazed and drops for that reason has an influence bubble of about 75-200 people at UK - and they aren't afraid to share why they dropped. greek life's reputation is dying at UK because some people believe they are too important to follow rules

By: michael
by: HmmOct 10, 2015 12:01:24 AM

i haven't actually heard of any sorority pledges dropping due to hazing this year. I don't talk to many frats so I have no idea about that. I didn't think our campus had a hazing problem. But I agree on the rule following. So many "top tier" sororities are under investigation/on probation and whatnot and they're all mad about it. The rules have always been there. Follow them. Then you won't get in trouble. I honestly thought this was a simple concept

By: Hmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.