facebook

trouble

by: Question

Did anyone hear about how theta got in trouble for putting the less attractive girls in the basement so the PNM's wouldn't see them? A girl called her mom in tears and her mom called Dean West. Honestly pathetic. Enjoy your "sisterhood"

Posted By: Question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: idk   

There is so much more to a person than facial features and body type. Does she take pride in her appearance? Is she a team player, creative, intelligent, kind to others? Will she "fit in" with your sisterhood? But to put people in a separate area? If that happened, that is very disappointing.

By: idk
by: FYI Aug 23, 2015 10:28:33 PM

it's been happening for years, I'm happy their finally getting caught

By: FYI
#2  by: Wow   

That is so upsetting to hear. I hope those girls know they are worth more than being shut in the basement. Classless girls.

By: Wow
#3  by: Rumors   

All these "rumors" are hilarious and it screams jealousy! Only bad remarks on these posts are about the strong chapters. Saying these things aren't a good look.

By: Rumors
by: okAug 24, 2015 12:34:22 PM

its not jealousy, its pity. and as for "rumors" I'm pretty sure these have been confirmed

By: ok
#4  by: Hmmmm   

Okay, let's use our heads and think about this.....let's assume a girl called her mom in tears because she was in the basement and the mom called the Dean. So you say Theta got in trouble by the Dean, could you elaborate, what "trouble" did they get in? Did the Dean find any problems with the way recruitment was being handled? I would seriously doubt they would get in "trouble" for not having all actives mingling with PNM's at all times. At Alabama it would be impossibly crowded and terrible for recruiting new members if all actives we involved in every part of the process. I'm guessing this is partially true, a frustrated girl called her mom, the Dean was obligated to contact the sorority, but no problem was found. Now, if the original poster knows more to this story, please, do tell. Otherwise, it just makes you sound like you are trying to bring the sorority down for no good reason.

By: Hmmmm
#5  by: Ok   

This is ridiculous and unnecessary. There are 35-60 girls per party and over 150-200 girls in a chapter at recruitment. Obviously girls are going to be in the basement and it has absolutely nothing to do with physical appearance. It has to do with experience and seniority and comfort with talking. A lot of girls would prefer to be in the basement because they aren't comfortable. All sororities have girls in the basement for space reason. Also theta did not get in any trouble, this is a ridiculous rumor.

By: Ok
by: AggressiveAug 24, 2015 6:25:37 PM

Ok you need to chill like some girls put down that they had no interest in talking it's not something to get so angry at theta about. I don't see how it's possible to have 200 girls talk every day without overcrowding the room and being entirely overwhelming for the PNMs

By: Aggressive
by: no way...Aug 24, 2015 8:05:29 PM

I highly doubt your chapter had every single girl (200??? Really? I'm questioning that - all chapters have members not participating in recruitment for whatever reason) talk every single day. And if they did, what short and repetitive conversations you must have had with all the PNM's. the best way to get to know them is to have longer conversations and fewer/reasonable numbers of your members meet them.

By: no way...
#6  by: !   

All Chapters do this at Alabama. Meaning not everyone talks. I venture to say that's how it works at most chapters at UK. This conversation is crazy!

By: !
#7  by: umm   

I thought every chapter had a sort of committee that doesn't talk to the PNMs... I've heard of several that do this. (and it feels like the majority of these girls may be more awkward, maybe not necessarily unattractive but just girls who just aren't the best at talking to PNMs)
But honestly can see how a girl would be upset if they can put in a group like this and they feel its because they aren't as pretty as some of the other girls.But the way this is worded that they were hidden in the basement sounds a little more extreme than what the real situation probably was.

By: umm
#8  by: Normal   

I think it is the norm to have girls in the basement or somewhere else, my sorority does, so does everyone else I know. This is a stupid post.

By: Normal

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.