facebook

uk recruitment

by: Curious

How do sororities pick who they want? I'm a little disappointed. I have a great gpa and I feel like I'm being genuine and social. Do you need to be a legacy or have recs to get into some?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Depends   

Depends on which sororities everybody handles legacies and refs different. Which ones are you thinking of in particular

By: Depends
by: WellAug 19, 2015 12:19:26 PM

Based off of this I guess the top tier ones. Guess I'm not good enough for them lol

By: Well
by: UghAug 19, 2015 12:32:59 PM

That is not true! The "best" sororities have great return rates which means that so many girls want them back but they can only have so many back per day so it becomes just a matter of where you clicked. Don't take it personally trust the process you'll end up where you belong

By: Ugh
#2  by: Don't Fret!   

I'm in a sorority and I know that all the sororities had to make huge cuts after open house (typically because of grades). There are just so many girls going through recruitment it's hard for sororities to really get to know every single girl that goes through and sometimes we end up passing on a really great girl just because she didn't particularly stand out in recruitment for us. My best advice is if you honestly have your heart set on one particular chapter, go through spring rush and DO NOT accept a bid during fall recruitment (as I'm sure you were explained why you can't accept a bid and then go through spring rush if you change your mind). Best of luck to you! Please don't give up! You'll end up where you're meant to be!

By: Don't Fret!
#3  by: Recs   

In my sorority, they are a big part of your score all week long. I had no idea how important recs were until after I joined a sorority.

By: Recs
by: noAug 19, 2015 9:53:55 PM

I'm from out of state didn't know a single person in Greek life and never got cut from a house unless it was mutual and I got into my top house(pref. tridelt theta and adpi) I also DID NOT have any recs. if a sorority likes you they like you, recs are not needed

By: no

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.