facebook

out of state

by: Anonymous

I am from the north, and very interested in UK and also being in a sorority. Will I not have the chance to get a bid because I am not from the south? I know rush at SEC schools is much more competitive than at northern schools :)

Posted By: Anonymous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: nope!   

I'm from Illinois and had no problem with recruitment at all! I loved it in fact and ended up preffing my top three houses (tridelt,adpi and delta gamma) and getting into my favorite! you'll be fine!

By: nope!
#2  by: ukballin   

There's room for sure, but it's more difficult sometimes finding a spot, and it's a simple numbers game. Many people from KY know other people already in the houses who were from home towns. If a decision on a bid comes down to an unknown vs a known person with an internal supporter, bid goes to the known. If there is a big rush class it can push quality out of state people out of some of the "perceived top" houses. This is actually a good thing and increases the overall quality of membership to more houses. During rush feel free to ask how many members the house has from out of state. Having good grades helps if you're from out of state.

By: ukballin
#3  by: you'll be fine   

I'm from MI and preffed my three favorite houses and got my favorite one on bid day! you'll be fine :)

By: you'll be fine

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.