facebook

fraternity question

by: Oaks

I'm looking to transfer to UK and join greek life as a sophomore. Can somebody give me a breakdown on the fraternities here and give me an accurate rank?

Posted By: Oaks
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Catsbyalot   

Sure. Basically don't pay attention to the negative things on here, that's mostly just shallow opinions from shallow people with insecurities. During rush, get a feel for as many places as you can, everyone fits in somewhere.

As a member of a fraternity here, I'll give you a run down on the positives of some of our best chapters.

Sigma Chi - Very good grades, fantastic philanthropy event, very involved on campus

Delt - cool house location, strong grades, great brotherhood, not too involved but not absent, dominant intramurals

ATO - very athletic, usually towards the top in academics, brothers seem to really enjoy it, also heavily involved

Theta Chi - very strong brotherhood, growing rapidly, becoming more involved and improving in campus events, decent intramurals

Beta - very intelligent group of guys, many are kind of the artsy type, good brotherhood, good intramurals

SAE - history on UK's campus, great house

Farmhouse - a lot of country guys, exceptional gentlemen, brand new house

Delta Sig - similar to Theta Chi and Beta

Fiji - great guys, rapid growth

These are in no order and I left out quite a few others, just don't know enough about them to actually comment. If you notice, there are a lot of similarities in the descriptions, further proof that Rush is about finding where you feel the most comfortable, not about who's "top tier" or whatever.

Good luck!

By: Catsbyalot
by: CatsbyalotMar 27, 2015 1:28:53 PM

Also, I realize you wanted a "ranking" but everyone has a different opinion, so there's really no point in sharing mine. Hope that helps.

By: Catsbyalot
by: UKApr 2, 2015 6:34:51 PM

FYI, about the only ratings here worth a damn are the top two.

By: UK
by: NoApr 2, 2015 6:49:28 PM

They're all worth a damn you idiot. They're all good fraternities

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.