facebook

aphi

by: Hmm

Soo can someone tell me why so many girls drop out of alpha phi?

Posted By: Hmm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

Nobody wanted to live in the house this year so they told a bunch of them that they had to live in the house. So they just dropped instead because they didn't want to. It had nothing to do with the sisterhood, which I think is great among them

By: Truth
#2  by: don't think so   

Chapters with great sisterhood don't have to force people to live in the house. If no one wants to live in, there is a reason. Stop making excuses.

By: don't think so
by: NoMar 4, 2015 6:54:10 PM

They aren't excuses and the first girl is right. Unlike a lot of the older smaller houses, Alpha Phi has a large mortgage to pay. Most girls beyond freshman would rather have their own apartment or house

By: No
by: Duh...Mar 4, 2015 10:12:04 PM

Girls don't want to live in the house because they can't have boyfriends in their rooms. You can get away with a lot more living off campus than living in any sorority house. This happens at sororities all over the country. You just get to the point that you want your privacy and independence and feel like you would rather live without 100 people living around you. It's not a big deal. They are still a great house with great girls.

By: Duh...
by: ActuallyMar 11, 2015 1:38:03 AM

It was a mix between being forced living in the house (Which now the house is full and a lot of girls regret deciding not to live in and now want to live in) and that our dues are so expensive. I can honestly say the sisterhood is amazing in aphi and has nothing to do with why they dropped.

By: Actually
#3  by: huh?   

If you want to stay in a chapter bad enough you find the money. Yeah, their house is a little more than some of the others but they would have known that when they pledged since all the costs are listed during recruitment.

It's not just money keeping the girls from moving in...trust me. There's more to it.

By: huh?
by: no actually Mar 11, 2015 1:40:39 AM

Most freshman are not going to pick a different sorority they don't fit in because of the cost. During recruitment that is the last thing most girls look at when deciding on which chapter to join. And this is coming from a freshman who is taking out student loans and is in a sorority.

By: no actually

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.