facebook

rushing second semester

by: B

I'm going to be a freshman in the fall at UK. I'm not rushing first semester because I want to focus on my grades and getting used to college life before joining a sorority! I was just wondering how joining a sorority second semester worked and if I were to join a sorority second semester would they still look at my high school gpa or my college one?

Posted By: B
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hello   

they just look at your college GPA but be aware that the vast majority of the time the top four sororities don't do spring rush so you wouldn't be able to get a bid to them.

By: hello
#2  by: Suggestion    

If you're going to wait, I did! Definitely do it your sophomore year. That way you have a chance get in whatever you want. Not just the select few who do spring rush. Also I'm not trying to persuade you at all. But sororities make you focus on grades. You won't get behind because of the sorority! The only way you'd get behind is how much you plan to party and how much you care about school!

By: Suggestion
#3  by: Spring   

I was a spring baby and I still got my choice of the house I wanted, and I couldn't be happier! I did it for the same reason you did. You still have a good choice of great sororities during spring recruitment. Just make sure you get a good GPA!!

By: Spring
#4  by: springrush   

Honestly I would not recommend pledging in the spring. Not every house does spring rush and I would want to be able to look at all the sororities not just some. Also, in my opinion, sororities help you focus on grades. There is almost always a sister in every class you take (especially freshman year with general classes) to have a study buddy and if a certain class is hard, there is almost always an older girl who has taken that class and can help you out.

By: springrush

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.