facebook

sophomore rushing

by: --

heard a lot of girls say trying to get a bid as a sophomore is setting yourself up for failure. Which sororities have taken sophomores in their pledge classes? Is there a chance of getting a bid as a sophomore over a freshman?

Posted By: --
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yam   

Every sorority takes sophomores :) you have just the same chance of getting into any sorority as a sophomore.

By: Yam
by: --Feb 9, 2014 8:56:00 PM

do you know of any sororities that had sophomores in their pledge classes this year or last year?

By: --
#2  by: rush   

I know sophomores that got bids from chi o, adpi, dg, pi phi, kd, agd, aphi, dz, theta, kappa, phi mu and aopi. I'm pretty sure tri delt took some as well I just don't personally know any. So no, you're definitely not setting yourself up for failure :)

By: rush
by: butFeb 11, 2014 10:55:11 PM

my friends an aphi and she said there wasn't any sophomores in her pledge class though?

By: but
by: aphiFeb 12, 2014 10:45:43 AM

I personally know a sophomore who got a bid in the fall

By: aphi
by: -Feb 12, 2014 12:28:42 PM

do you by any chance know what her GPA was?

By: -
by: nopeFeb 13, 2014 2:40:38 PM

I dont, but I do know that every single sorority took sophomores in the fall so you should have no problem getting a bid as long as you have a good GPA, are involved, and of course if they like you

By: nope
#3  by: YEah   

Alpha Phi's are dumb you know whats.. but every sorority takes sophomores. As long as you have a decent college GPA and show that you want to be involved and have a good personality... you will have no problem getting a bid! I rushed as a sophomore and I LOVE MY SORORITY

By: YEah
by: to yeah--Feb 24, 2014 12:48:57 AM

can you hint what your sorority is/what your GPA was rushing?!

By: to yeah--
#4  by: omg   

Basically EVERY sorority on campus takes sophomores. If your GPA is above a 3.0, you'll be fine with the sororities, personality will win the one you end up in over. If your GPA is below a 3.0, Phi Mu and AGD would honestly be your best bet. You'll find a sorority stop worrying about it, you'll do just fine :)

By: omg
by: wellFeb 24, 2014 8:40:27 PM

Alpha Phi is a good bet too if below 3.0

By: well
by: HmmMar 6, 2014 7:32:31 AM

I don't think so. They had the highest new member GPA last year. Though grades clearly aren't the first thing they look at.

By: Hmm
by: wellMar 6, 2014 3:16:57 PM

I'm basing it off of the GPA requirements, not who they actually take.

By: well
#5  by: Sophomore rushers   

I'm a sophomore and in the fall joined my sorority I had a 3.75. They definitely expect more out of an older girl going through.

By: Sophomore rushers
by: what moreMar 6, 2014 1:47:51 PM

what more do they expect? like the person below says, wouldnt they accept a girl with a 3.0 in college because its harder? agreed, please go into more detail!

By: what more
#6  by: sophomore   

I understand expecting more out of an older girl going through, but college is harder so wouldn't they accept like a 3.3 etc? What do they expect? Can you go into more detail..

By: sophomore

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.