facebook

sophomore

by: Transfer

How hard is it to get a bid as a sophomore Into a sorority? Thinking about transferring schools

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: dont worry!   

I rushed as a sophomore this year along with LOTS of other sophomores and as far as I know, we all got bids! UK's sorority life is awesome and if that's the only thing that you're worried about, DEFINITELY rush next fall!

By: dont worry!
by: wellMar 12, 2014 11:50:10 PM

can you say what your GPA was? thats what I'm worried about

By: well
by: haMar 13, 2014 6:31:42 AM

unless you have a 2.0 GPA, you'll be fine...... everyone on here has already told you enough

By: ha
#2  by: Sig   

I rushed as a soph this year and got asked back to all my fav houses, only got cut from 3 all week. It honestly just depends on how you interact with the girls you talk to.

By: Sig
by: -Feb 11, 2014 8:18:00 PM

Do you mind me asking what your GPA was when you rushed as a sophomore?

By: -
#3  by: Guest   

Rush here at UK is not nearly as competitive as most SEC schools. Sophomores usually do fine. No reason not to give it a shot. I did!

By: Guest
#4  by: do it!   

There were a ton of sophomores who rushed this fall! Some houses may cut you for your gpa but that depends on you. Sometimes sophomores get overlooked but it gives you another thing to talk about

By: do it!
#5  by: abc   

your GPA really needs to be above a 3.0, but maybe not for a few sororities. If its not very high you will deff be cut from like chi O and ADPi

By: abc
#6  by: Transfer   

I will also be transferring out of state and looking to rush for the fall. Im going from a community college but I have a 3.8 GPA and would love to be a part of the greek community. Do I have a chance of receiving a good bid?

By: Transfer
by: PanhelFeb 15, 2014 11:25:36 PM

It is wonderful that you want to be part of our amazing Greek Life! Sometimes transfers get overlooked but you should give it a shot. I don't know much about community college, but if it is possible for you to be involved I would suggest it. The important thing is to really connect with the girls and show your TRUE personality so you end up with the right sisters.

By: Panhel
#7  by: confused   

I read one girl saying you need a high GPA as a sophomore to rush, I will have above a 3.0 but not higher than a 3.5, will i be okay?

By: confused

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.