facebook

phi mu

by: uk

I heard Phi Mu is getting their house taken away because they couldn't even meet quota by half...is this true?

Posted By: uk
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Hm   

Idk if that's true but if I was their nationals I wouldn't fork out that kind of money until they get closer to quota. They wouldn't even be able to fill it.

By: Hm
by: KyJan 21, 2014 4:07:32 PM

I don't know about quota but they were supposed to be getting a new house because sigma nu is taking it back but I don't think they're getting it anymore

By: Ky
#2  by: no   

Theyre getting a new house, not getting one taken away.

By: no
by: rumorSep 5, 2013 2:29:42 PM

Nope that's a rumor.

By: rumor
by: rumorSep 5, 2013 2:30:11 PM

Didn't mean to reply to this, they're still getting their house. Meant to reply to the actual thread.

By: rumor
by: GreekJan 21, 2014 4:05:40 PM

It's not a rumor. Sigma Nu is taking the house back after this semester

By: Greek
#3  by: no   

not true. Sigma Nu is coming back

By: no
#4  by: Ha   

No. Panhellenic tells them how many girls they're allowed to cut or not. They wouldn't allow them to meet that low under quota.

By: Ha
by: wellSep 6, 2013 7:06:18 PM

Well obviously they did if they were that low under quota sooo yeah. I have a couple friends in there so I feel like they'd know more about what really happened than anyone who isn't in Phi Mu. If you all are so worried about it, just ask a Phi Mu yourself instead of speculating all these different sorts of things.

By: well
by: trueSep 14, 2013 4:57:09 PM

100% true to above. You are given a number of girls you're allowed to cut and you basically have to BEG panhel to cut more. There is NO WAY that panhel would let them cut 40 under quota when other house were hardly allowed to cut 3 extra, especially with them being so new.

By: true
by: LOLSep 18, 2013 4:37:51 PM

This is the truth. You are NOT allowed to do what this ridiculous rumor states. Panhellenic would never allow that.

By: LOL
#5  by: 5 is right   

They can only "cut" a certain amount of girls. Those who maximize their options would be placed in a sorority, meaning if enough girls put phi mu down, they would have made quota whether phi mu wanted them or not. You clearly don't know how panhellenic recruitment works.

By: 5 is right
#6  by: But really.    

They don't even have the ability to cut right now. They're still too low for that and have to at least hit quota once before they can even think about cutting. At least even AOPi can hit quota now. I feel bad for Phi Mu. Only half?? Come on now.

By: But really.
#7  by: Ouch   

They're just telling people "quality over quantity" so they don't look like they did bad. But anyone that knows anything about recruitment knows they don't have the ability to cut 40 girls.

By: Ouch
#8  by: Open your eyes   

I'm from bama and phi mu is top house here. And at every other university they're top tier
Did you ever stop to think that they're getting a new house because they're a new sorority without their own house? Or maybe that phi mu spoils their girls at every campus with the best house because at every university they're usually the best sorority?
Just wait and see where they're gonna be in a couple years with their new house and hotter girls.
Your top tier wouldn't even cut it down here.
Girls here commit suicide if they don't get into phi mu
So stfu and start bowing down to my friends and sisters

By: Open your eyes
by: yepSep 7, 2013 8:24:06 PM

Bama girl has it. A couple girls I know who go there say the same thing about Phi Mu there. Sororities and recruitment are taken way more seriously in the deeper south such as LSU, Ole Miss and Bama. UK's Greek life is nothing compared to those other schools, just saying. Plus Alpha Phi improved once they got their own house. Phi Mu will be able to say the same thing too once they get their's. I wouldn't go extreme like saying go bow down but yes don't doubt them, but I do get what Bama girl's saying.

By: yep
by: LOLOLOLSep 7, 2013 9:57:08 PM

LOL this is a joke. You aren't from Bama, you're a Phi Mu at UK and you know your house sucks

By: LOLOLOL
by: to girl aboveSep 8, 2013 11:03:00 PM

somebody's mad

By: to girl above
#9  by: Um   

For the record...phi mu currently has a house

By: Um
by: yeahSep 8, 2013 11:03:40 PM

but not a house that they can actually call their own. that's what bama girl meant

By: yeah
#10  by: Are you dumb   

Mizzou and Purdue?
Yeah they have good greek communities there, but bama craps on both of them.
Everyone knows that if you want to be a part of a serious greek community, the south is were to go and the south is where it matters.
Anyone out side of Kentucky doesn't even know that "transy" exists because it isn't a good school, academically or greek wise. Georgetown is alright.
Check your facts before you try to start an argument because I just lost IQ points by reading that

By: Are you dumb
by: WellSep 8, 2013 9:31:47 AM

Just because a sorority is good at one school doesn't mean it's going to be good at another. I doubt anyone from Alabama would care enough to post that. You're probably just a phi mu here.

By: Well
by: GuestSep 16, 2013 8:50:55 AM

Remember, Mizzou and Purdue are in flyover states. No one cares. .....and Alabama...not the best school, either.

By: Guest

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.