facebook

who is good and bad nationally?

by: M

My mother is a Pi Phi and the reason why I wanted to join a sorority is because she got her first job through a sister from another chapter. I realize that people on this site are still in college and probably not thinking about the bigger picture but it is important to me that my sorority is good nationally. I know that Pi Phi, AOPi and Alpha Phi are good. In yall's opinion which other ones are good nationally?

Posted By: M
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Honestly   

Don't look at it like that. If you join a chapter strictly based on its alumni base you don't belong in the greek system. Connections should be perks not what draws you in in the first place. Each chapter is going to have a great alumni base, and if you just go by size, don't. If I did that, I would be hating myself in Sig Ep right now

By: Honestly
#2  by: UK   

Good Nationally- AOPi, Zeta, AGD
Bad Nationally - DZ, Theta, ADPi

I wouldn't pick a sorority purely based on how good they are nationally. It is good to have good connections but if you don't develop a good connection with your sorority first then that wouldn't matter later on and that happens in undergrad.

By: UK
#3  by: true   

I wouldn't base a sorority on how good they are nationally or connections after college, you're looking at the wrong types of organizations. Being in a sorority has a lot more meaning than that. Just because they are good nationally doesn't mean that they are good here at UK.

By: true
#4  by: hey   

correction on good Nationally: I am from the north and have cousins and friends who go to school throughout the US heres what I hear. It all depends on what part of the country you live in

Kappa very strong all over'
Chi Omega very strong in the south
Tri Delt is very strong in the south and around
ADPi is strong in the south
Theta a strong house in the midwest
Zeta is strong in the midwest and the south
Delta Gamma very strong
AOpi hit or miss areas
Alpha phi a strong house

So bottom line UK all the houses are National

By: hey
#5  by: hah    

thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/08/05/college-rankings-20 12-top-sororities.html

By: hah
by: ughJul 22, 2013 8:51:32 PM

Can we also point out that those rankings are based off of Facebook likes..

However good to point out that

Most chapters

Most donated money (in 2011)
1. Delta Gamma
2. Kappa Alpha Theta
3. Kappa

Biggest (in chapters)
1.Alpha Omicron Pi
2. Chi Omega
Zeta ( not on our campus)
3. Alpha Phi

By: ugh
by: lol pleaseJul 23, 2013 10:45:00 PM

don't even listen to that nonsense.

By: lol please
#6  by: well   

this is interesting I must say

By: well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.