facebook

is there enough time?

by: Working Guy

Is it possible to have a regular class schedule, rush, and work?

Posted By: Working Guy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Reply   

Pledging is time consuming. I knew a guy in my pledge class that balanced it, but barely. Most of the time it's hard to do all three. I'd recommend quitting your job

By: Reply
#2  by: Depends   

It depends on how much you're working, how many hours of class you're taking and which classes, and which fraternity you are pledging. I worked, took 18 hours, and pledged. But I only worked 4 hours a week and 9 of my 18 hours were cake.

By: Depends
#3  by: Yo   

Like the first reply, I recommend quitting your job. Pledging is the most fun you'll ever have and if you miss out on some of it for work you'll never forgive yourself. Part time jobs when your 19 years old can come easy, but the connections and relationships you'll make through a fraternity is once in a lifetime.

By: Yo
#4  by: Yoyo   

The guy above hit the nail on the head. Plus, fraternities don't take to liking people who miss pledge activities for any reason. I'd recommend at least get through pledging and get used to what it is like being in college before you try juggling all of those responsibilities. Depending on the type of person you are, you may be able to handle it, but some kids can't priortize or manage their time well the first semester. I'd try to get settled in before you overload yourself.

By: Yoyo
#5  by: advice   

if you already have a job, keep the job and ask for very few hours (like 5) a week. if you don't already have one, wait till second semester to get one

By: advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.