facebook

fraternity tiers... really

by: Lesbianist

I think its hard to make a power ranking list. While Kappa Sig may throw wilder parties than sigma chi, and delta sig has better grades than phi delt, any argument that the former fraternity of both comparisons is better than the latter is just ignorant.

As far as tiers go, that's a little easier...

Sigma Chi/ Delt/ Phi Delt

ATO/D Sig/ K Sig

SAE/ Beta/ Pike/ KA

Phi Sig/ Theta Chi/ Phi Psi/ FH / Sig Ep

FIJI/ Sigma Nu (they got a 40 man pledge class...) / Phi Tau

Pi Kapp/ AGR/ \n\n\n\n\nTraingle. \n\n\n\n\n

Posted By: Lesbianist
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: close   

wouldn't put kappa sig up there with ato and d sig. wouldn't put pike and ka up there with sae and beta. would put sig ep on the bottom row.

By: close
#2  by: 7   

I'd say it seems pretty fair, a few things I would change but its near the bottom so who cares anyway

By: 7
#3  by: Wrong   

Sig ep does not have a house, and they have about 20 members. Bottom tier

By: Wrong
#4  by: agree   

agree with especially the first two tiers. Beta and phi sig could probably be switched and a few other minor things but I'd say you are right on

By: agree
#5  by: True story   

If you think beta and phi sig should be switched then you're most likely in phi sig

By: True story
#6  by: solid   

Pretty good list. Delt is slipping from top tier in my mind. Haven't been as strong when I've been on campus. I would say Beta moves up with K Sig. Both are great fraternities but are excellent at one thing and good at others. K Sig has a crazy social scene and Beta is extremely involved on campus and wins a lot of awards and events. Both have things to work on to be top tier but are top-middle tier for sure. I think FH is better than KA as well and gets a bad rep on this site.

By: solid
#7  by: Nice   

And yes beta and phi sig should be switched. Phi sig is a little more established

By: Nice
#8  by: Easy   

A few could be switched near the bottom, but but this is a fair list, I like it.

By: Easy
#9  by: Mine   

Here's Mine:

Sigma Chi/Delt

Phi Delt/ATO/Delta Sig

Beta/Kappa Sig

Phi Sig/Pike/SAE/KA

Fiji/Theta Chi/Farmhouse

Phi Psi/Phi Tau/Sigma Nu/Triangle

Sig Ep/AGR/Pi Kapp

By: Mine
#10  by: Beta?   

Ok, so Beta participates in a lot of philanthropies and has good grades. When did that give you a resume to be a good fraternity? Has everyone forgotten that we are social fraternities. Sure, those things matter, but sorority connections and social life is the main point. everything else is just a supplement.

By: Beta?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.