facebook

stereotypes for an entire chapter

by: unoriginal comments

every sorority nationally has silly cliche sayings. you can look at any chapter for any sorority in the country and see someone use these saying to describe them. you can see every phi mu chapter get called "phi mooooo" and every chi omega chapter get called "chi hoe". and every zeta chapter hears "hold my crown while I go down." they're just silly and "cute" (I guess?) but never a representation of an entire chapter. unfortunately some of these can probably be used to describe individual girls in individual chapters. but to assume an entire chapter can be given ANY one stereotype is so silly and childish. I went into recruitment with the mindset of the silly things I'd heard about each sorority and then those were all refuted the moment I stepped into each house. to any girl preparing and daydreaming about recruitment and sorority life: one, you aren't alone. we all did the same thing. two, please keep an open mind and know that each sorority at Samford is full of wonderful, smart, beautiful, creative girls. EACH ONE. there is not one to avoid or blow off as you go through the process. I hope each of you has as much fun as I did and I can't wait to see you all on bid day. it will be a happy day no matter where you end up, that's the only thing to be promised about each chapter: you'll be glad you're there.

Posted By: unoriginal comments
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: S   

So true

By: S
#2  by: Those sayings   

Are not chapter generated, nor are they endorsed by the sororities. Do you really think it is cute to say the things you listed above? You said you guessed they were cute. They are NOT cute. You ended with a purposeful panhellenic message, but repeating derogatory statements is not helpful and dilutes your point.

PNMs: ALL the sororities have had stupid, hurtful things said about them.All of them. I am not going to repeat them. Don't let things you read on this site color your decision. Don't listen to tent talk-it is most likely not true. Make the decision that is best for you.

By: Those sayings
by: devil's advocateApr 18, 2016 4:37:14 PM

I don't think the original poster was endorsing those sayings. No panel girl in her right mind would endorse those. If you agree with the overall message then just uplift that!

By: devil's advocate

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.