facebook

Don’t get hung up on rankings

by: Good look

PNMs take a good look at the sororities and look at which girls are the happiest. Enjoy yourself at Rush and ignore rankings. Samford is not an SEC school with lots of sororities. Samford is small and all the girls know each other and mix around. Most of the sororities don’t do the homework that the big SEC schools to get to know these girls, so it’s really not all that selective. Samford has so much to offer so don’t get too hung up on the sorority thing.

Posted By: Good look
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Be a Blessing    

I would say that in the past this was probably good advice. Samford rush is FORCED to be somewhat selective, because it has become more of a numbers game as the university has gained in popularity. After observing this 2023 Samford rush, everything that the girls and their parents are told about Samford rush is NOT true. They say REC letters do NOT MATTER--this is NOT TRUE. GET your REC LETTERS. Samford has become a more popular school, so RUSH moving forward will every year be more like the rush that the BIG schools see. I wish it was not true, but there is no way around it when so many girls are trying to go Greek.

By: Be a Blessing
#2  by: Sorta   

I was right there with you until you said “most sororities don’t do their homework”. Not true. And I agree with Be a Blessing: get your recommendations. A rec might not guarantee a bid, be the determining factor in you getting invited back to the next round.

By: Sorta

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.