facebook

Is Samford really a dry campus?

by: bulldog

Does Samford have parties even though alcohol “isn’t supposed to be there”? What are they like?

Posted By: bulldog
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: @bulldog   

Yes, it is a dry campus but that doesn't keep some students from bringing it in. It's a pretty big risk though, because the consequences are bad if you get caught. Better off to find parties off campus.

By: @bulldog
#2  by: sam girl who goes out   

Samford is a "dry" campus but that does not mean that people don't drink and have a good time. Especially within greek life. Most people pregame fraternity parties but you don't usually drink at the houses unless you are drinking in a room with someone. There are a few bars around Birmingham but only 2 that are 18 and up, Zydeco and El Sol (don't go here, lots of mexicans and there have been shootings). If you plan to go out a lot, I recommend getting a fake id which are pretty easy to get but be careful about who you are drinking around because Samford people are snitches and even if you think they are your best friend, they will snitch on you and all your business will be all over campus especially freshman year. So yes, people drink but you have to be careful. And the consequences are not as bad as you would think at least for a first offense because it is an honor code meeting and a 75 dollar fine of 8 hours community service. Hope this helped.

By: sam girl who goes out
by: she's rightAug 22, 2022 2:32:05 PM

People definitely drink and go out here, but Samford students are big snitches. Especially freshman year and in Greek life. Choose your friends/roommates wisely, be careful about what you post (even on private stories), and don't get caught.

By: she's right
by: ADPI Aug 7, 2023 9:50:29 PM

Snitches. No thank you. I don’t want to worry about my own friends telling on me. I have heard too many stories about them.

By: ADPI
#3  by: Anonymous24   

Yes, Samford is a dry campus but that really just means that you have to be sneaky about it. It has never stopped me from drinking or having alcohol. If it’s in your dorm be careful (hide it at all times) but chances are you’ll be fine. Be warned that Samford has fire drills and checks your room during those. I recommend moving off campus as soon as you can if you want any sort of freedom or privacy. As far as bars go, you can get in most places with a fake, but it’s honestly not worth it usually. Unpopular opinion: El Sol is more fun than Zydeco. Zydeco can be boring and it’s always the same. El Sol is what you think of when you picture a club. Samford parties off campus have alcohol there. Those on campus sometimes do, but if they don’t usually you can bring your own (but be careful). Best to just pregame. A word of advice for girls considering joining a sorority: girls will snitch on you. The older sister you see in the club next to you WILL snitch on you for being there. The underage sister across the bar WILL snitch on you for parking your car with letters on it in the parking lot. Your sister WILL tell everyone else what you did with that certain guy. And lastly, your sister WILL tell exec and you will be called into a meeting with your sisters who “just want to help you” but really want to reprimand you.

By: Anonymous24
by: Wow!Jun 25, 2022 8:34:15 AM

If you know all this stuff, you must be in trouble all. the. time.

By: Wow!
by: she's rightAug 22, 2022 2:33:22 PM

^^samford greek life summed up

By: she's right

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.