facebook

re-rushing

by: Allie

I just went through sorority rush and it didn’t go as expected. There is nothing wrong with the sorority that I ended up getting a bid from it’s just that they seem to want me more than I want them and I just don’t see myself fitting in with the girls in the house. I was wondering if any girls ever rush again the next year and what everyone’s option is on it?

Posted By: Allie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Mountain girl   

Whether this post was really written by an unhappy PNM whose rush didn't work out as planned, OR her unhappy mom, I am truly sorry things didn't work out for you as you had hoped. I am a senior this year so I have been there as the PNM, AND the active on the other side for two years. The short answer to your question is yes, of course you can drop now and rush again next year. You can work toward making new friends both Greek and independent, and decide after a little time passes if you are still interested in Greek life. Samford is different from big SEC schools in that sophomores (assuming you are now a freshman) are not as high risk for being cut simply because of their sophomore ranking. Girls coming in from junior colleges also get bids every year. I am sure you realize that if you drop your sorority this year (before you are initiated) you will not be eligible for rush until next fall. But with all that said, please let me encourage to think carefully before you drop your current house. I can't begin to tell you how many people I know and love DIDN'T get their heart's desire on Bid Day either, but gave their new house a shot and LOVED it. Being disappointed and hurt is normal, but just know that MANY in your shoes have made a successful and ultimately happy transition to a house they never expected to be in. Just saying, don't discount the idea that you could be glad you hung in there in the end, though today you might not be able to see that. Whatever you decide, best wishes!

By: Mountain girl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.