facebook

contacting sororities??

by: Sam

I am attending Samford in the fall and I am planning on rushing. I've visited most of the sorority's websites and they all have a contact page. Should I email them to begin a relationship? or just wait for rush week?

Posted By: Sam
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ann   

That's a good question, I've been wondering the same thing... Also for anyone know if Samford's sororities are multiracial?

By: Ann
#2  by: DON'T   

If I was you, I wouldn't contact anyone before rush. If they think you'll fit in their little world then you will. I rushed here and it isn't what you think it will be so I withdrew and so did A LOT of other girls this past year. Suck up to your rho gamma because a lot of them dirty rush (mainly Zeta) and if you know what sorority they're in, they can either make you or break you. The whole process isn't a good one at all, and the Greek director wasn't even Greek when he was in college. So I would jut wait to see how rush goes and see which ones you actually like when you go in the houses. Talk to older girls before rush so you can really get a feel for how the sororities really are before you give in and accept a crappy bid you did not want.

By: DON'T
by: ASep 22, 2014 1:47:44 PM

Please do not listen to this biased opinion. I am very sad that you had a bad experience here but that does not mean that everyone does. Most people have a fantastic and unique recruitment experience at Samford. Also Rho Gammas do NOT dirty rush, and if they do they need to be reported. They also definitely do not make or break which sorority you get, they actually have no say in the voting process whatsoever. Im sorry that this ill informed person told you all this. Best of Luck!

By: A
#3  by: Don't stress   

Being currently in a sorority at Samford I say don't contact anyone and just wait for rush week. Samford, in my opinion, does a great job with rush so don't stress it will all work out!

By: Don't stress
#4  by: Anon   

Hey! I wouldn't contact the sororities because they actually aren't allowed to talk to you before recruitment. It helps make the entire process more fair.

Samford's sororities are a lot like the general population of Samford when it comes to multiculturalism. Most Panhellenic sororities are primarily white, but there are a few multicultural girls in each sorority. It's definitely not something that would hurt your chances of getting in!

By: Anon
#5  by: TO: I heart panhel   

You must be a zeta at Samford (yes, I called you out again). I'm not claiming that I enrolled in rush, I am saying that I went through rush at Samford and dropped before pref... thank you. And its not called "enrolling" its simply called signing up to go through. More girls dropped this year than what they are use to having. My facts are correct, and you sound like a typical Samford student trying to promote everything "good" about the school. Sorry I'm not considered "classy" to you, but I'm just saying, like many other people said on here, that zeta did dirty rush. Since you seem embarrassed and upset that it was publicly stated just don't let it happen again. I guess to be considered "classy", I need to get drunk and dance on tables. This is a suitcase college so unless you're in a sorority then you won't be having that much fun. I would go to other colleges on the weekend to get the "college experience" and it is great! So glad I transferred. And there's not "shenanigans" here.

By: TO: I heart panhel
#6  by: Hope   

Don't contact ahead of time. You will see sorority girls in classes before rush, so get to know them. Get to know your Rho Gam as soon as you know who they are. If you have a ZTA really suck up to her, she will most likely tell her chapter that you're a "must have". Hopefully the greek life council knows that ZTA dirty rushes, but then again the greek life advisor wasn't even in a fraternity sooo...
Good luck.
I got a ZTA bid but didn't accept it. didn't want the nasty ZTA association

By: Hope
by: You are rudeJun 1, 2014 5:34:18 PM

and classless to write something like that on a post. The ZTA's are certainly one ahead in that YOU did NOT pledge them. All the groups are very good, but you sound like someone who is quite jealous of one she is not in (hint, hint). The question had nothing to do with what you answered...as to that...you have recs turned in to tell about who you are, do not contact a sorority on your own. That could be awkward eventually since members are not supposed to contact rushes as such.

By: You are rude
#7  by: The truth   

If a sorority year in and year out breaks recruitment rules they are going to be punished by Panhellenic, most often with fines or some type of community service. Not to mention that the national office of the offending sorority would also be contacted and would take action against their rogue chapter, so I doubt that any chapter of any sorority could pull off dirty rushing for years and years.

By: The truth
#8  by: The truth   

OP, have alums from any chapter of the 5 here at Samford send in recs. to their sorority for you. That will give the chapters a heads up that you will be rushing in the fall and they will be looking for you when you get to campus.

By: The truth

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.