facebook

sae

by: Fall Rush

Is SAE still on campus? I know they aren't this semester but are they coming back next semester? I mean they said they were coming back this semester. Does anyone know information that I don't? If you could please share. Thanks!

Posted By: Fall Rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: nahmean   

Heard the same thing from multiple people, as far as i know they'll be back on campus in Spring

By: nahmean
#2  by: chaa   

It really doesn't matter. At this point SigEp, Kappa Sigma and SigTau have set themselves apart as the clearly dominant fraternities at SU. In the short time SAE was suspended a lot changed in Greek Life and it's really going to inhibit their growth if they believe that they can keep doing the same things they used to do. Socially, SU Greek Life doesn't need SAE because of SigEp and Kappa Sig. And when it comes to GPA/Greek Week/On-Campus stuff, SigEp and SigTau are clearly in their own league.

The only hope SAE has is Kappa Sigma losing their charter- which I've heard is a real possibility.

By: chaa
#3  by: dwaayze   

You undergrads are forgetting that SAE has been around at Salisbury since the 70's before any of you were born. You all were in elementary school when TKE was at it with SAE for #1. That didn't work out.

Most of you hadn't even lost your virginity when Sig Ep was founded (for the second time) and was supposed to make SAE irrelevant. Their diet-frat approach increased overall greek membership but had no tangible effect on SAE.

And now SAE is suspended for an inappropriate pledge name, and you all think it's curtains.

Your perspective is laughably limited. Please enjoy the last few semesters of your college careers. You'll never be this innocent again.

By: dwaayze
#4  by: Dadrev   

www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-30/deadliest-frat-s-icy-tortu re-of-pledges-evokes-tarantino-films.html

By: Dadrev
by: chieftwerkJan 14, 2014 3:40:12 PM

all publicity is good publicity. glad to see they aren't giving their letters away like most

By: chieftwerk
#5  by: Sid   

Why would you want SAE back? They are considered the "Deadliest Fraternity in the Nation" by Bloomsburg. I see nothing worth whiled about them. We need to get some new fraternities at Salisbury. UMD-College Park has some good fraternities there.

By: Sid
by: TernainMar 24, 2015 1:23:32 PM

I read that Bloomburg article from an objective point of view (different school, different frat). It's garbage. Just like the false-rape accusation down in Virginia that lead to all greek life being suspended - this writer had an axe to grind.

Case in point, when tabulating "SAE related deaths", the author felt that all pedestrians killed crossing the street near an SAE house should be attributed to SAE. That's junk.

By: Ternain
#6  by: lolusernames   

If every fraternity's practices were laid bare for everyone to see, the only fraternity left at Salisbury would be SigEp. That's because a pulse is the only thing you need to become a member of SigEp.

Want to win Greek Week? Just give shirts to a couple basketball players.

Want the highest GPA? Give membership to a few brainiacs to balance out the drunkards on the other end.

Want to be the biggest? Hang out at the commons gathering signatures and call it a rush event.

You may believe you're the best fraternity on campus, but your metrics are flawed. When the individual members don't even know who other members are, you have become an interest group that carries greek letters. Not a fraternity.

By: lolusernames

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.