facebook

rush tips for a soph

by: soph

im rushing as a sophomore this year and I did cob last year does anyone have any tips or advice? am I at a disadvantage being a sophomore? if I got dropped from the houses during cob is it like guaranteed I won’t get asked back after open house? someone please give me tips, advice, or insight towards this I’m freaking out

Posted By: soph
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: same person   

also I wasn’t here to do formal last fall bc i was abroad so idk if that impacts anythinf

By: same person
#2  by: don’t stress   

don’t worry! COB is not indicative of your success in formal recruitment AT ALL - many if not all houses had PNMs they wanted to give bids to but simply didn’t have the space and other factors were at play. For example, COB is when many sophomores are given bids because they only have two more years (and no other opportunities to rush), whereas freshmen who try to COB have the opportunity to rush in the fall. also - given that you said you were abroad in the fall - the sororities might have held off on giving you a bid to make sure you get the chance to check out all of the chapters before committing to one.

as for the actual recruitment side of things - being a sophomore doesn’t mean you’re put at a disadvantage in the slightest, it just means you’re put in a separate pool of PNMs in the evaluation process. sophomores & JDP students are grouped together and freshmen are grouped separately in the processes to determine who to invite back - so you’re not getting compared to a random freshman girl who has just arrived and has never rushed before!

don’t stress. trust yourself and the place you’ve made for yourself at WM and i am sure you’ll find the house for you!

By: don’t stress
#3  by: Sdell   

If you were dropped because you are quiet or awkward, you’ll be fine. If you were dropped because you are pretty and outgoing, sorry, but you’ve probably been cancelled. These girls can’t risk the competition.

By: Sdell
by: SdellSep 4, 2023 1:55:47 PM

Was I not spot on?

By: Sdell

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.