facebook

rush tips for incoming freshman

by: wcu

hi! im an incoming freshman from nc. i don't know a ton abt sororities at wcu, but my sister goes to bama and i base most of my knowledge abt recruitment and rush from her experience.
do sororities here cut based on grades, social media, etc?
how different is the rush process?
are letters of rec, pnm videos, and resumes required?
what do sororities look for in pnms and what do they tend to make cuts on?
thank you!

Posted By: wcu
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pnm   

also curious about this!!

By: pnm
#2  by: Yuh   

Promise like none of this matters just rush and it’ll go smooth, very basic

By: Yuh
#3  by: Rhe    

Greek life here is TOTALLY different than bama. Each sororities reputation will be diff from its one at bama, and it is all way less serious here. Letters of rec and pnm videos are not required, resumes may be. The main application process was filling out a page or three long form on ramconnect with info about past leadership, grades, etc. but grades don’t really matter I don’t think unless you have less than a 2.5 or close to that. If you have at least a 3.0 you’re golden. Also freshman’s first chance to rush here is at the end of winter break. As a recruiter I would say ask specific questions about our sorority and philanthropy and stuff, tell a connection to philanthropy if you have one and Why, and if you want a leadership position say that and say how you were involved in high school and stuff. But it’s nothing to worry about. If you want to be in a sorority you can get in a sorority.

By: Rhe
by: curiousJun 5, 2022 12:14:47 AM

I was thinking of transferring to wcu, what's the rush process like for upperclassmen?

By: curious
by: PnmJun 7, 2022 9:58:02 AM

Do I need to have a clean social media? And what do "top houses" cut based off of?

By: Pnm
#4  by: lol   

your overthinking it. as long as your hot and a good time you'll get in a top house.

By: lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.