facebook

thurtene results?

by: thurtene

Thoughts?

Posted By: thurtene
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: anon   

results seemed pretty cut-and-dry this year. spirit got highly competitive but other than that it wasn't nearly as controversial as in the past. great job to all the teams, and congrats especially to DG/SigNu, Kappa/Kappa Sig, and ChiO/Beta!

By: anon
#2  by: alfkdj   

While I am not a member of this sorority/fraternity pairing, I did think that AEPi/PiPhi deserved to win an award. Their facade was incredibly impressive and was most akin to their theme.

By: alfkdj
#3  by: truth   

personally I felt like kappa/kappa sig deserved to win the burmeister.

By: truth
#4  by: disagree!   

They didn't deserve it! Sorry kappa Sig/kkg but you can't buy the siding of your walls and half your facade and still expect to win.

By: disagree!
by: agreeeMay 1, 2013 6:03:05 PM

they literally bought their house.

By: agreee
by: vinesvinesvineMay 24, 2013 1:58:04 AM

is there a rule against this? no. The point is to create the best possible facade on the tightest possible budget. AEPi/PiPhi bought the siding for their facade, only it was recycled wood that they painted instead of prefab vinyl (Beta did the same thing as AEPiPhi last year with their camp cabin facade)

By: vinesvinesvine
by: @vinesMay 24, 2013 8:14:33 PM

there's no rule against it, and both Kappa/Kappa Sig's and PiPhi/AEPi's facade's looked fantastic. but the facades should be (and usually are) judged on creativity, attention to detail, and hands-on effort..

By: @vines
by: stupid...Jul 10, 2013 3:09:46 PM

Kappa/Kappa Sig didn't buy the house...it was all hand built from flats and painted like every other house. in case you didnt notice they had more people on the lot basically at all times than anyone else...get real guys

By: stupid...
by: ThurteneJul 10, 2013 9:24:17 PM

Regardless of whether or not they bought ready-made materials, construction (and therefore the Burmeister, in part) is judged on more than just being aesthetically pleasing. Kappa/KappaSig's facade was pretty and well-executed, but really lacking in creativity and attention to detail in terms of decor. I'm not saying they didn't deserve an award, because they definitely did, but to say they deserved it more than DG/SigNu's facade is a little absurd.

By: Thurtene
#5  by: hahaha   

On the real, I think everyone did a great job. A lot of the facades came out great! Sure, it may not be against the rules, but I think what Beta/ChiO did falls in a gray area.

By: hahaha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.