facebook

common sorority questions

by: wondering

Do the sororities haze or be rude to new pledges? Also wondering about big and littles. Is it a big event with gifts and stuff or is it more laid back. How are Akron's sororities different than typical? Thanks!

Posted By: wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Re: Wondering   

The University of Akron has a strict no hazing policy. There have been rumors of hazing, but as a sorority woman, I have not personally experienced that. My chapter's national headquarter's has a no hazing policy as well. I am not sure about others, but most seem friendly. As a new pledge, my sorority welcomed me with open arms and they treated me with love and respect. I think hazing and new member treatment can vary but on this campus, hazing in sororities does not seem to be a problem.

As for Big/Little reveal, it varies from chapter to chapter. My chapter has an event where the littles are presented with their big sister. However, my pledge class was smaller since we joined COB and a smaller group went out to eat together. There were gifts and laughs and getting my big was one of the greatest experiences! It really depends from chapter to chapter, but some can be big events and some can be laid back.

I think Akron's sororities are different because Greek life is a lot bigger on other campuses like KSU or OSU. Greek life here is very small which I find makes it a much more intimate experience. Greek life is truly what you make of it, and if you are a PNM, I hope you find your home. Don't listen to all of the reviews you read on this website. Meet them and go off your own experience!

By: Re: Wondering
#2  by: Hello   

Yes they do and they will 100% treat you differently. Just keep that in mind

By: Hello
by: THE TRUTHMar 23, 2018 12:27:55 PM

this is false

By: THE TRUTH

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.