facebook

how can low tier fraternities improve?

by: Ghost

I saw 4 to 5 low tier fraternities on here. I'm a member of one. And sadly, we aren't doing the best right now. We are known as the gentleman on campus. That's about all. We aren't willing to go out an ask other chapters how we can improve. So guys, what can we do?

Posted By: Ghost
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: View from the Top   

Honestly all the bottom tiers have different problems, the only way for anyone to give you advice is for you to simply state who you are

By: View from the Top
#2  by: akron   

Honestly, I think all the comments on here are completely messed up. Yeah some stuff might be a bit true. But you shouldn't be worried about whether this site calls you a top tier or not. If you are known as gentlemen, that's a lot better in my book. .... Not too mention being a top tier doesn't mean anyone automatically likes/respects you.

By: akron
#3  by: Mr. SAE   

Keep it clean and follow the creed.

By: Mr. SAE
#4  by: Ugh   

Ugh, seeing some terrible advice posted here.

First and foremost I wouldn't give a damn what this site has to say. You know your fraternity better than any of us on the outside and if something is wrong fix it. Identify the problem, talk it over with some individual Brothers to see if they agree, build a team of support to take it to chapter meeting, discuss it, make a plan to change it, and resolve the issue. If there are bunch of problems you are really going to have to buckle down and get some small victories as they come. Note to the wise.... It all starts with recruitment, member development, and accountability.
If you recruit crap....well you have crap. Don't settle for "He's a nice guy" look for objective facts like stuff hes involved in, GPA, family life, or ask why he is interested in greek life (if its only partying or hanging out those are often red flags).
Now counter intuitive to my previous point, sometimes you can recruit a prospect who doesn't seem ideal but only if you know he's coachable. Most freshman will do anything to join and are very coachable at this time..meaning they will listen and comply with what you ask or advise.This is where development comes in. Guide a young man the proper way and he will be a rockstar for your chapter in the future.
Finally accountability. All of us could use a dose of this from time to time. Look at your ritual, creed, and purpose. I assume you practice it every week. Analyze it...understand it!

By: Ugh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.