facebook

signing up for spring informal or not?

by: PNM

Hello, I'm starting in the fall and saw on the WSU IFC site under recruitment it has an option to sign up to learn more about Greek Life, and that your information would be sent to all of the Recruitment chairs so they can contact you about events throughout the Spring.

Is this for current students who would like to be a Spring pledge? Or would it be cordial to sign up to start making connections for the Summer (since I understand most Summer Signs receive a bid before June due to housing.) Correct me if I'm wrong.

Or would it be better to just check back closer to March and personally contact Rush Chairs then to find out about events.

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lol   

Informal is for current students looking to rush in the spring. I recommend you contact rush chairs late march, early april to talk about rushing.

It's really good to have connections with people in high school that are in frats at wsu right about this time.

Good luck!

By: lol
#2  by: Ight   

Not really any connections there though since Wazzu isn't a top choice for many people here. (Live out of State)

By: Ight
#3  by: Me   

I'm a freshman myself and have been asking the same question. Currently many houses are in trouble one way or another with Greek administration and PC13 has a really bad rap, both with the frats and the sororities. I personally would go for summer. Seniors are all gone, there's a little more space in the house, and there's less competition. Also, if you don't want to experience the dorms here (you don't, trust me) or the food which is overpriced and not even good either, save yourself a lot of money and go summer.

By: Me
#4  by: wondering   

I was going to contact rush chairs about possibly meeting and touring their house in the spring since theres about 3 different weekends I'm coming for tours/workshops/orientations.

That would make it a lot easier to decide on which houses to persue in the summer since its impossible to meet all of them given the distance per event.

By: wondering
#5  by: Me   

That would be a great place to start although consider your meet and tour an interview for a job. All the guys will come check out "some incoming freshman coming to look at the house" and you'll be under the microscope to some degree. I suggest calling each house first. Talk to them on the phone, see how they are and so on. If it's a chill house look like your average guy, if it's a preppy house look preppy, if it's Farmhouse wear Carhartt.

By: Me

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.