facebook

sperrys

by: rusheee

Would it be considered "try-hard" to wear my sperrys to sorority informal recruitment events?

Posted By: rusheee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Same question   

I was wondering the same thing but for Fraternity informal. I personally have worn Sperry as my casual shoe of choice since middle school, and it is pretty much all I own for a normal fair weather day. Therefore, I don't plan on wearing something I wouldn't normally to seem less tryhard. Because in reality I'm just being myself.

I feel that if a chapter judges you based off of what your're wearing, in contrast of who you are, then you probably wouldn't want to be with them anyway.

However, if I were you I wouldn't buy a new pair right before an event, or else it will show that you're just breaking them in like you bought them to be "sorority." So in that case it could be looked upon as tryhard.

By: Same question
by: tsm Jan 5, 2014 2:13:08 AM

I think people over think any form of recruitment. Where what you're comfortable in! It's not about what you're wearing, it's about personality and how well you connect with members in the house. For sorority informal go for a casual yet cute outfit like boots, leggings, and a cute sweater. It's honestly pretty low key for most chapters.

By: tsm
by: rusheeeJan 5, 2014 2:49:08 AM

I wear sperrys normally but I was just curious, thanks!

By: rusheee
by: rusheeeJan 5, 2014 2:49:13 AM

I wear sperrys normally but I was just curious, thanks!

By: rusheee

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.