facebook

pc14

by: Fraternity Informal

When is it appropriate to start reaching out too rush chairs about next fall? I've noticed different chapters are already asking their members to let any HS Seniors know about X event over break.

I don't want it to seem like I'm bugging Rush chairs months before Summer informal is on their mind, however, if it seems okay to pursue things right now then I myswell.

Posted By: Fraternity Informal
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greek   

People are going to start contacting freshmen a lot earlier if they want freshmen to live in. Freshmen have to commit to a house and living in early march. If the house is wet it looks like no freshmen can live in

By: Greek
by: That's funny bJan 7, 2014 10:23:36 PM

There's actually houses that are still wet after 1st semester?

By: That's funny b
by: TransfersJan 7, 2014 10:45:53 PM

Could a transfer sophomore live in house if its wet? Also is it okay to reach out to someones number and tell them your interest?

By: Transfers
by: BroLifeJan 8, 2014 12:01:46 AM

Its OK to reach out and mention your interested. Just don't be weird about it. And they well decide to even give you bid later, once they meet you in person and get to know you.

By: BroLife
by: OkayJan 8, 2014 2:54:56 PM

I prefer in person so being weird, annoying, whatever else shouldn't be any problem.

The only thing I'm confused about is someone mentioned that freshman start receiving bids in before March to live in the house. From looking at past Summer informal's I was under the impression that things kicked up around End of April/May, and the incoming class was coming together by June.

My only problem with Summer informal events is that all events I've seen from previous events (in past years) was 2+ hrs awau from me. If I have a list of about 7 houses I want to meet, thats 28hrs car time, 1600+ miles. Just for one meeting each, which I presume it will take more then one to make a strong impression and receive a bid...Sounds like I need to cut the list.

By: Okay
#2  by: Greek   

^^ I'm not sure with transfers but I am assuming that you can...I think it just applies to freshmen out of high school.

By: Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.