facebook

grades for informal?

by: great

My gpa is like a 2.6. is that too low for informal sorority recruitment? I'm really interested in AGD, APhi, GPhi, AOPi and KD.

Posted By: great
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: BroLife   

Damn thats really low. For a fraternity its possible to get in if your liked by the guys in the house a lot, but for a sorority.... Good luck! GPhis and AOPi is your only slight chance of getting in, unless you have a good personal reason as for why you have a low GPA.

By: BroLife
#2  by: tsm   

I would say that you would not be given a bid unless you had extreme circumstances behind why your gpa is low…even then it's really unlikely. A lot of times houses will have a minimum gpa required to do informal. Anything below a 3.0-2.8 is considered a huge grade risk.

By: tsm
#3  by: Unfortunately   

Yeah, that's too low.

By: Unfortunately
#4  by: That's funny bro   

HA yeah with a GPA like that, I'm surprised you got into the university to be honest... if you are a current student though it makes sense. I highly doubt you'd get into those houses with a <3.0 UNLESS you're super smart outside of the classroom (I'm that way...I suck with grades), you're drop dead gorgeous (I've yet to see any sorority girls like that on campus...), your parents are wealthy (and you're pretty), you were really popular in high school (your Facebook will show it plus you'd give off that vibe). Those are considered elite houses and thus get to set a high standard for accepting new members. Informal is a little more lenient though as older members move to live outs at semester and they need to fill beds. Good luck!!!

By: That's funny bro
by: uh noDec 16, 2013 10:17:17 PM

okay this person obviously has no idea what they are talking about. We meet plenty of beautiful women who are cut because of grades or they are not a good fit for the chapter. Also, informal is not more lenient because they need people to move in. Freshman will already have filled any open spots in the house by the time that informal starts. Also Informal standards are just as high, but we are able to put less of a focus on grades because there are only a small group of women compared to formal. God I love when GDIs pretend to be greek. Pure entertainment.

By: uh no
#5  by: That's funny bro   

Amen BroLife! That's what Greek Life is all about... improving the lives of young men and women and having a good time doing it. As he said that I forgot, be genuine. Of course, play it by ear based off the vibe the gals you talk to give off and how the other gals in the house act, but go at it like there's nothing to lose. If worst comes to worst you get a no from somewhere, but if you make a good impression they may rethink it and call you back.

By: That's funny bro

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.