facebook

here to answer all of your questions about greek l

by: AnonyMiss

Hello!

I'm here to answer all of your greek life questions! Ask me anything you're too afraid to ask your Rho Gammas, Greek Life reps at Orientation and all the questions you SHOUDNT ask during recruitment (i.e. parties, clothes, guys/girls, reputations)

So just shoot me a question!

Posted By: AnonyMiss
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Help me AnonyMiss   

I will be transferring next fall from CC... A few questions:

1, Is over 2.5 enough for getting bid?
2, Is being 20 and not a freshman going to hurt my chances? I've noticed some summer rush groups on facebook have mostly Class of 2013 (incoming freshmen)
3, Should I do summer rush events and hope to get a bid and accept by the housing deadline (I'd rather live in the house) or should.

By: Help me AnonyMiss
by: AnonyMissJul 11, 2013 4:58:47 AM

First thing, are you a guy or girl? I'm assuming you're a guy...

1. Ehhhh. Yes. I'd look at the chapter GPA's to see what you're working with for the chapters you're interested in. gogreek.wsu.edu/media/873131/Fraternity-Summary-charts-Sprin g-2013-6-4-13.pdf
The minimum GPA is 2.8, so it may be an issue. If you're serious, talk to them about it during rush and explain your grades and tell them that you plan to raise your grades. And if they ask you if you have any questions, make sure to ask how the chapter balances academics.

2. Not really. There are transfers that go through rush. It will mostly be freshmen, but you'll be fine. Maybe not in some houses, but for the most part, you're good.

3. Yes, I would.

Good luck! Ask anything else if you need it!

By: AnonyMiss
#2  by: Another Q   

I'm jumping the gun a half a year early I know, but how long before I should start getting in contact with the different chapters? I know right now 2014 PCs are on nobodys mind probably, but I would like to start as soon as possible.

(I'm Pretty eager to get out of CC as you can see)

By: Another Q
by: AnonyMissJul 12, 2013 2:34:26 PM

wait, you'll be in PC '14? In that case, you should number one, focus on your grades and raise them, number two, make friends in Greek life. Get connections. know any guys from HS that are in a fraternity now? Talk to them and to know about their chapter and maybe see if you can go to one of their parties.

if you're transferring in January, don't start contacting then until the winter. I'd say November. but if you're transferring then, I still think you'd be considered PC 13

by: AnonyMissJul 12, 2013 2:34:27 PM

wait, you'll be in PC '14? In that case, you should number one, focus on your grades and raise them, number two, make friends in Greek life. Get connections. know any guys from HS that are in a fraternity now? Talk to them and to know about their chapter and maybe see if you can go to one of their parties.

if you're transferring in January, don't start contacting then until the winter. I'd say November. but if you're transferring then, I still think you'd be considered PC 13

#3  by: Thanks   

Thanks for serious and detailed answers, unfortunately very few people from my HS went to Wazzu and those who did didn't go greek. I'll focus on my grades for now and work at getting some connections.

By: Thanks
by: AnonyMissJul 13, 2013 11:28:38 PM

Good luck! Raise those grades, save up money for dues and get those connections! I wish you the best of luck.

#4  by: Rushee   

If i didn't do summer rush, which fraternities (that are pretty socially relevant) still take a lot of guys during formal rush?

By: Rushee
by: AnonyMissJul 30, 2013 5:01:04 AM

Thats hard. I don't know too much about fraternity recruitment, but I know most of the better frats summer sign most of the guys. Some "top" houses like SAE, Theta Chi, Phi Delts and ATO either don't do formal or give bids to very few guys. Most of the guys I know now already have their bids. But theres always a chance. Its better to rush than not rush at all. If you're a cool dude, you'll get good bids.

but for real:

mid or lower houses >>>>> GDI

#5  by: wsu   

Theta xi, PiKapps, TKES all do formal and are socially relevant at least

By: wsu
by: AnonyMissJul 30, 2013 6:24:08 PM

True! And Theta Xi and Tekes are two of my favorite houses. They throw pretty good parties. Definitely good houses to look at.

#6  by: !!   

What are your favorite houses to go to and why?

By: !!
#7  by: College freshman   

What frats at wsu are dry, which ones are dry by choice and which ones are dry probation, and will lambda chi's dry probation be over fall semester?

By: College freshman
by: AnonyMissAug 11, 2013 11:40:01 AM

Sigma Nu, PKT, Beta, Sig Eps are the only ones that come to mind and I believe they're all dry by choice, but all of that info can be found here

gogreek.wsu.edu/parents/facility-details-and-amenitites/< br />

And I'm unsure of Lambda's disciplinary status.

#8  by: Wsu freshman   

I checked that website and only 5 house can have alchohol, the others are dry by choice, acedemic probation or sanction. Theta xi, sae, pi kappa phi, pkt and phy delts, I'm confused I thought majority were wet houses

By: Wsu freshman
#9  by: GreeKO   

Most houses are either on academic probation/sanctions (delts, dsigs, theta chi, ATOs) or are dry by choice (sigeps, sigma nu). not many wet houses to choose from, but most houses have live outs. Honestly this gives phi delts a huge monopoly over Greek row with wet houses this fall.

By: GreeKO
#10  by: PNM   

So are frat parties open to guys in these first couple days, before recruitment? I kinda want to check out the social aspect of each and to have a good time in these first days.

By: PNM
by: AnonyMissAug 13, 2013 3:08:24 PM

I'm not exactly sure... I bet you could if you knew a guy or had some connections. You'll kinda get a feel of the guys during formal though, so don't worry.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.