facebook

is it weird/uncommon to go through rush as a soph.

by: Nervous

As a girl going to rush a sorority. I didn't do greek my freshman year because my high school gpa sucked. Now I am at WSU and have a 3.0, so I know I could rush with better odds. But that'll make me a sophomore... Is that weird to do? Am I less likely to get bids from top tier sororities if I am not a freshman? Like a sophomore in a pledge class, is that not weird? Just be honest. I won't be heartbroken if I can't go greek, it's just kind of something I've always wanted to do.

Posted By: Nervous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: wsusoph   

not at all, as long as you have a good GPA (which you do) you'll be fine there were tons of sophomores that have rushed in the past two years

By: wsusoph
#2  by: Greek Senior Woman   

SAVE YOUR MONEY. If you have made it a year at WSU, you probably already have a circle of friends, a list of activities, and you do not need to try and force yourself to fit into a house. It literally costs thousands of dollars a semester, and what you get out of it is NOT WORTH THAT. Every house will tell you that they are about "sisterhood" and crap like that- but all every house is about is making quota for panhellenic, and making sure all their members get their bills paid for nationals. I have seen more girls kicked out of their houses because their bill was late... what kind of sisterhood is that?! It is not real, and I know it looks very appealing... but all the recruitment smiles and how pretty the houses look is all done JUST. FOR. RECRUITMENT. It is not the reality, and the truth is that behind those doors is a lot of dark hatred and back stabbing. Don't waste 4 years (or only 3 for you!) being forced to hang around people that you actually despise... because they are shallow, terrible people.

By: Greek Senior Woman
by: ?Mar 26, 2013 9:23:17 PM

If you dont like the greek system and all you do is bash on it why are you on a website dedicated to greeks

By: ?
#3  by: hmm   

you are obviously in one of the houses with a super low gpa... way to go on those reasoning skills.

By: hmm
#4  by: NoRegrets   

I rushed sophomore year and glad I did. Greek life is what you make of it. Try it out, see where you fit. Don't let a negative comment on this page hold you back. It is not weird at all to pledge as a sophomore and i didnt spend thousands of extra dollars either. And don't worry about 'top tier'. Just find where you feel comfortable and go for it!

By: NoRegrets

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.