facebook

good frats to check out?

by: FratRush2014

I'm confused about how the informal frat rush works. I've visited several frats and they all seem pretty chill. I am just getting started with the whole rush thing and I am wondering how/when bids get offered? I'm sure it varies, but I want to see and get to know a few frats before I have to make a choice (hopefully at least). There seem to be good and bad comments about most frats on here, so I obviously need to make up my own mind. I want a fun/social house but I want more than just parties. Who should I check out? Also, why do so many people call Fijis secretive? What does that even mean? When I visited them they seemed really chill.

Posted By: FratRush2014
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: uwgreek   

Bids get offered once a frat deems you worthy to be a part of their house. This can be after one night or after 4 times visiting, just depends. Definitely rush around so you get to know what different frats are like and which one you like best. Fijis are secretive because you never see them around and they keep a lot of secrets. They are definitely on the downfall because of this though..

By: uwgreek
#2  by: toos   

Fijis are secretive because they're a "ghost chapter." Phi gamma delta has 4 of these at each corner of the us. It's honestly completely pointless. All they do is never wear letters or talk to geeds.

By: toos
by: dJul 12, 2014 5:02:17 PM

Fijis don't wear letters because that's a national rule for phi gamma delta, it has nothing to do with the UW chapter.

By: d
#3  by: rush list   

if you want a social life as well as good brohood and leadership and good grades, you should check out:
- pikapps
- chi psi
- zetes
- betas
- theta chi
- sig eps
- alpha delts

these are all pretty well-rounded houses (give or take in some areas depending on which one

By: rush list
by: YesJul 14, 2014 2:13:35 PM

This is accurate of the ones worth checking out

By: Yes
by: yupJul 14, 2014 6:13:00 PM

these are the houses that try to be more than just a party house from when I rushed

By: yup
#4  by: FratRush2014   

Thanks for the suggestions, sounds in line with what I've been hearing around. Anyone know what houses are the best as far as supporting academics, mentoring, and helping members stay on track? I'm thinking pre-med so I need to keep my grades up and have a fun social life too. I want to make the right choice.

By: FratRush2014
#5  by: UWsorority14   

Honestly, there's going to be chill guys at all the houses, definitely check out as many as possible! Not to leave any houses out, because once again, I've met tons of cool guys in most of them, My friends and I have had real good experiences as girls with the guys/social events at these houses:
- PiKaps
- Zetes
- AEPi
- ChiPsi
- Betas
- PhiPsi
- Sig Eps
- Alpha Delts

Good luck!! See you in the fall!

By: UWsorority14
by: uwsororityJul 23, 2014 12:17:09 PM

I would throw pikes in there too

By: uwsorority
by: uwsororityJul 23, 2014 2:22:48 PM

Also, we love the Alpha Sigma Phi house.

By: uwsorority

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.