facebook

blindian

by: Sorority Rush

So I am Indian and African and I looked at the chapters and saw rarely anyone who is African or Indian. Maybe like 1 in each chapter. Do they still take girls regardless of race? I do know someone, not as close but like an acquaintance, but she's a junior PC11. Would she be a sister you would talk to during recruitment or is it only the PC 13?

Also I'm not really the ideal sorority body type (I'm not chubby but stumpy and short?), and I'm a bit older than other girls. Do I have a chance of getting into a house or will they cut me for being a bit too old? I'm a sophomore in junior standing. I commute and I thought I would like to be in a sorority. I have a 3.0 GPA from UW.

Posted By: Sorority Rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: honestly   

from what you said your chances of getting into a top tier sorority are very low. no one likes to admit it but the facts are that sororities are predominantly white even at a school as diverse as uw. there are some other races mixed in like you saw but it's minimal. What will hurt you more than your race is your grades. 3.0 is below the panhellenic average which is what almost all chapters require for girls rushing that aren't freshmen. I would still recommend you give the process a shot though because you could still get a bid from a bottom house and end up loving it, ya never know

By: honestly
#2  by: hjjjkkk   

zta dz gphi and pi phi are your best bets for more diverse houses

By: hjjjkkk
#3  by: kjnl   

just lie for your gap. write 4.0. no one checks transcripts

By: kjnl
by: nopeJul 13, 2014 3:29:20 PM

not true. panhell checks everyone's grades with the university

By: nope

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.