facebook

ffr for sophmores

by: allia

while around 87% of freshmen get placed. Would the numbers be less for sophomores? I know they have changed the rules, but do most sophomores who do not drop get placed during FFR as well.
Do many houses fill spots with snap bids with the girls who did not get placed, if they have openings? thank you in advance

Posted By: allia
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

tbh not many houses do snap bids unless they really really liked certain girls...like at least make it to the philanthropy round. sophomore percentage probably wont be as high, but it depends on how many sophomores rush

By: .
#2  by: Secondary quota   

There is a second quota down on Freshman now starting FFR 2017. That means that each chapter has a quota of non freshman to take along with a primary quota for Sophmores. Chapters cannot submit lists to Panhellenic during recruitment without having both lists with Freshman and non Freshman. This means that non Freshman will have better chances during FFR, but the quota for non Freshman is a small fraction of that it is for Freshman.
Example: quota is set at 36 Freshman and 3 upperclassmen for each chapter. Some could take more and have quota additions, while some could take fewer, but it is impossible not to take any

By: Secondary quota
#3  by: .   

I went through as a sophomore, and most of the other sophomores I know who went through also got placed. Unfortunately, a lot removed themselves from the process. If you choose to go through as a sophomore, I advise you to be really open and let yourself get excited about every house that invites you back. There are a lot of great houses in the greek system, and though some are more selective about preferring freshman, there are houses that will be a great fit for you. Keep an open mind!

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.