facebook

cob as a sophomore

by: V confused

So I'm COB-ing as a sophomore and emailed all the houses listed on uwpanhellenic. I've heard back from like 3 houses and COB-ing their houses didn't work out. Should I email the houses that didnt respond to me again? What advice would you guys give to me?

Posted By: V confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Girl   

Honestly, I know a lot of houses including mine are starting with girls who other girls in the house know. If you know anyone in any of the houses, it wouldn't hurt to reach out to them and they can refer you to their COB chairs to speed up the process!

By: Girl
#2  by: truth   

This sounds mean but it's honest. Unless you are SUPER hot, COB as a sophomore is pretty much impossible. Houses that COB are able to be super picky because there's tons of girls fighting for just one or two spots in a house. I'd say it's too late for you unless you are extraordinary in any sense. Sorry girl

By: truth
by: hmmmFeb 3, 2017 3:42:05 AM

So in a way, you're saying that sororities put physical appearance at the top of the list when recruiting--not even considering any other factor? I honestly want to join greek life for the friends and sisterhood. It's really upsetting to hear that.

By: hmmm
by: hmmmFeb 3, 2017 3:42:05 AM

So in a way, you're saying that sororities put physical appearance at the top of the list when recruiting--not even considering any other factor? I honestly want to join greek life for the friends and sisterhood. It's really upsetting to hear that.

By: hmmm
by: OkFeb 3, 2017 10:05:12 AM

I would say there's only a handful of sororities that don't recruit based on looks so yes this true.

By: Ok
#3  by: suggestion   

did you try aephi? they always COB

By: suggestion
#4  by: What   

You've talked to 3 houses and none of them worked out for you?

By: What
by: V confusedFeb 3, 2017 3:35:55 AM

1 of them didn't invite me back, 1 didn't respond after scheduling conflicts, and the last I didn't really like :/

By: V confused

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.