facebook

fall formal rush 2017

by: allie

Hi I am wondering if most girls who do not drop out of the process get a bid, and approximately how many girls end up without a bid. Are there other ways to get into a house if you did not get a bid? I have heard in some places, houses that did not make quota, will offer bids to girls not placed. Thank you in advance.

Posted By: allie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hope   

I know of at least two girls who did not get a bid from the 3 they preferenced but got a bid that day from another house,accepted it and are very happy with their houses even though the day started out as a nightmare.

By: hope
by: allieJan 30, 2017 7:34:52 PM

thank you, have you ever heard of anyone getting no bids?

By: allie
by: .Feb 1, 2017 1:17:29 AM

This story is impossible and untrue. If you make it to preference round you are guaranteed a bid from one of the houses you visit and any house you pref at has you on their bid list. You can get dropped earlier on but if you're relatively normal and not a junior that's really uncommon.

By: .
by: To allieFeb 1, 2017 4:14:45 PM

A lot of girls get dropped from the entire process. Mainly because the numbers keep rising

By: To allie
#2  by: .   

You'll be fine

By: .
#3  by: here ya go   

Copied straight from the Panhellenic website's FAQ page: "Although Formal Recruitment is not a guaranteed process, our campus typically has an 87% match rate, which means that 87% of women who register for recruitment receive a bid on Bid Day. Out of the 13% who do not receive bids, most women chose to withdraw themselves, leaving only a small percentage of women who are released from the process."

By: here ya go

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.