facebook

going greek

by: lol

What are some pros of going Greek?

I'm thinking of doing COB this quarter, but I'm still unsure about it. Is it a big time commitment? What are good and bad things about joining a sorority?

Please be honest!!

Posted By: lol
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ttt    

You probably only will end up liking 3 out of the 100 girls in your house. If you care about reputation and not having great sisterhood join a top house but bottom houses still get to have fun and it feels like less competition between the girls

By: Ttt
#2  by: .   

You'll never have an easier time making friends. There's literally always people around to talk to that will legitimately always have your back just because you're sisters. the sense of community is like night and day compared to the dorms, and you'll always have something to do.

The time commitment is what you make of it. Usually there's mandatory chapter meetings and some longer time commitments like recruitment and retreats but for the most part everything like sisterhoods, exchanges, etc are optional, and while you'll get more out of the experience if you participate they aren't mandatory.

I was like you and didn't rush my freshman year because I bought into sorority stereotypes and didn't see myself as a "sorority girl". I went through formal recruitment my sophomore year. I know its cliche and overplayed but it was legitimately the best decision I've ever made, they've changed my life for the better in so many ways, I have never felt so supported and loved. I'm literally the president now, which if you had told to freshman year me would have been so unbelievable, but here we are.

Do COB. If you don't get along with the women there's no commitment, but give it a try. You won't regret it.

Also leave this website and never come back, this place is a cesspool of superiority and toxic stereotypes. You genuinely don't want to judge the houses before you meet them because if there's one thing I've realized since joining is that no one actually matches their stereotypes

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.