facebook

blacks in frats?

by: deenewton

I am an African American upcoming freshmen who is looking to rush. Te Greek system doesn't look that diverse to me. I wonder if they descriminate in the rush process since every frat is like basically white people. Is it true?

Posted By: deenewton
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: My experience   

Nope, I just rushed and it works the other way if anything. Most frats want diversity.

By: My experience
#2  by: Lol   

Yeah it's kinda sad but houses in the Greek System are desperate for more diversity because it makes their house look good. Zetes is known for being good but also diverse.

By: Lol
#3  by: d   

Some houses it will be an issue, others not. Like others said yuo'd be find rushing zetes but alpha delts would probably be harder. No one is going to come out and say it's because you're black but a lot of frats want rich guys from upper middle class areas and might discriminate based on that. A lot depends on how you act as well, if you're chill and can relate to the dudes then honestly you'll be fine.

By: d
#4  by: UW   

Just don't act like a hood rat and you'll be fine

By: UW
by: deenewtonAug 31, 2016 3:41:48 AM

Is it cause I'm black? I'm just kidding I totally understand! Overall, I prevented hood rats cause they would lead me to the wrong path! Towards high school I got along well with everyone, doing good with academics and athletics (I play baseball)! Hope rushing doesn't go bad for me!

By: deenewton

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.