facebook

new sororities?

by: VA

Any idea, if ever, when VCU will get some new sororities or frats?

Posted By: VA
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ram   

We've been pretty steadily getting a new fraternity every semester. We were supposed to get a new sorority every year or so but that's been delayed a bit. At one point I had the official IFC expansion plan on hand but I can't find it anymore

By: Ram
#2  by: Uh   

Plans for new sororities are in the works. I'd say within a year.

By: Uh
#3  by: vcu   

we've been getting new frats every year basicially. there was supposed to be a new one coming in the fall (adpi or sigma kappa i believe) but the cpc sororities voted 7-1 for it, and it had to be unanimous. so who knows when.

By: vcu
by: OhMay 24, 2015 8:03:24 AM

Who voted no for it??

By: Oh
by: EveryoneJul 8, 2015 8:01:02 PM

Actually everyone voted no, except one sorority voted yes. It was going to be adpi first, then kappa delta, then two more that I can't remember. It's just hard enough now to find space for everyone (especially during recruitment) and for everyone to meet numbers so most sororities said no.

By: Everyone
#4  by: well   

Originally all the new sororities were stacked semester after semester, which is too close and was a disaster waiting to happen. So everything has been stretched out to give everyone more time to settle. Unless the groups previously invited are not capable of expanding here when their time is up, the order is Alpha Delta Pi, Kappa Delta, Phi Sigma Sigma, Gamma Phi Beta

By: well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.