facebook

Fall 2023 Power Rankings

by: Rodney

Saw someone posted something about “rankings” here, so I’ll clear things up. Keep in mind I’ve been at VCU a few years and have seen these organizations change, some more than others. These rankings will be based off multiple semesters including this one. They will ranked based off of housing, social scene, on campus presence, brotherhood, history, philanthropy, recent PCs and growth as well as other factors.
Top Tier:
1. Pike
They have had a strong presence for years and it can’t be argued they’ve been number one for a decade. Strong involvement on campus both in their own philanthropy and others as well. Having the only chapter on campus and strong internal structure helps too. They have the most traditional “Frat” culture. Their social scene is consistently good due to their housing which will be a common theme throughout these rankings
2. Theta Chi
They have large numbers and a wide variety of houses which they have been able to retain for years and provides great environments for parties. Getting good sized classes over the past year has helped them grow steadily while maintaining their culture. They lean more towards the going out scene then others on this list and are known to be rowdy. Heavy involvement in campus has gotten their rep up high
Middle Tier:
3. Phi Psi
This may come as a shock to some but to others it doesn’t. Although they have been suspended for multiple years they have been able to climb the ranks and will be heavy in the public eye once their suspension ends next semester. Keeping their housing and getting good PCs while being suspended requires strong internal structure and it’s fair to say it’s something to be envied. Although they can’t officially be involved in on campus activities they have managed to work around this to promote their name. Their social scene is good but not quiet top tier due to size and not as many connections with sororities as Top tier organizations. Having a strong history of a tight knit brotherhood and a rumored 20 man class this fall incorporated with them coming back in the spring makes them a clear fit for this ranking.
4. KDR
Although they have not been as active last semester as previous years, they have managed to keep their on campus presence noticeable. Having one of the closer brotherhoods on campus incorporated with their history has allowed them to stay relevant in the Greek life scene. Lower numbers is one of the bigger factors holding them back which puts more pressure on the current ones to execute. Their parties are usually on par with Phi Psi’s for the same reasons.
5. Kap Sig
Although they have a great on campus presence and good connections the reason they fall short is due to lack of internal structure. Being such a newer organization plays into that aspect as well. They have decent housing and social aspect which looks great from the outside. Getting charted in one year gave them growing pains and is the reason many original members left. This factors into their quality of brotherhood which can be better to say the least. They also were not as active last semester as previous ones.
Bottom Tier:
6. Sig Ep
They barely have an on campus presence and rarely throw down, when they do it’s subpar. They also only have around 20 members
7. TDX
I don’t think these guys will have enough members to stay around…
Honorary:
Fiji: used to be top tier, rip
PiKap/Rose Club: used to be top/middle tier but they’re a club so they can’t be ranked as a fraternity

Posted By: Rodney
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: greek life   

bro please actually stop posting on this site this schools greek life is so dead… i remember me and my girls went to so many fun parties two years ago now it’s so lame. and people come here a db post anyway😂

By: greek life
#2  by: ok   

I know there was another post defending being on this site but this little essay shows more effort than what most people do in school here😭😭😭

By: ok

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.