facebook

need recs?

by: 2016 rush

Do you need recs for sorority rush at Villanova? Also, how competitive is it? Do a lot of girls get cut/don't get a bid?

Posted By: 2016 rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: nova   

Recs aren't important at all. I don't even think many sororities look at them.

It's very competitive, especially for the better sororities. Many girls don't get asked back to their top choices. Also, a lot of them will drop or not get a bid. I can count at least 10 girls I know who are cute, funny, and smart who got cut.

By: nova
by: 2016 rushMay 8, 2015 10:12:36 PM

Thank you! If I were to stick it out till pref night (even with the heavy cuts along the way), is it almost guaranteed I'll get a bid somewhere or are there a lot of girls that made it to pref night and didn't get a bid the next day?

By: 2016 rush
by: NovarushMay 9, 2015 5:18:00 PM

I can't 100% say that you will get a bid if you go to pref night (recruitment is still a numbers game) but your chances of getting a bid are SIGNIFICANTLY higher if you do not suicide bid. Keep an open mind! The only girls I know of for the most part who stuck it out till pref night and did not get bids were girls who suicide bid and said they would only accept a bid from their top chapter and not the other one.

By: Novarush
by: 2016 rushMay 10, 2015 4:44:24 PM

Thank you so much for the help! As bad as this question is, do the sororities care a lot about how pretty you are? Also, all of the sororities at Nova sound great but why are the top three so hard to get into?

#2  by: 2016 rush   

Thank you! Is there anyway I can maximize my chances of getting a bid (since it's all a numbers game?)

by: NovarushMay 10, 2015 3:05:10 PM

Honestly just be yourself! Don't be nervous about impressing people or anything, just let yourself come through and keep an open mind the entire week. Focus on having good conversations with the sisters and sharing who you are. The girls who get dropped have either closed themselves off to certain chapters and therefore make a poor impression when they show disinterest or rudeness or are usually so nervous about making a good impression that they become reserved and hold themselves back. I know the whole being yourself thing sounds so cliche but i can't stress it enough. And again don't suicide bid, and make sure you rank the max amount of chapters you can be invited back to after each round (so stay open minded!) And go to any info sessions panhel or pre recruitment things panhel has, they can answer a lot of questions too!

By: Novarush
#3  by: ln   

Less than half the girls that enter rush end up in a sorority.

By: ln

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.