facebook

rush 2014

by: freshman

I've heard a lot about the top tier sororities but not much about the others. What are the best second tiers? who's the prettiest, most fun or has a good rep? help PlEaSe!

Posted By: freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: senior   

you'll find out for yourself at recruitment. it's honestly the best way to learn about how the sororities really are.

By: senior
#2  by: bubbly   

The middle tiers are all great, but in terms of popularity, it's Alpha Phi, then Delta Gamma, and then Kappa Delta. Alpha Phi has gotten a lot of pretty girls over the past couple years and the frats love them. They're fun and outgoing, almost top tier. Delta Gamma is very traditional. Southern acting, care about Greek life, mix with a good amount of frats, and most girls are pretty, if not cute. Kappa Delta is almost bottom tier. Not a lot of pretty girls, don't hear about them mixing a lot, but they seem fun and have a great sisterhood. Hope this helped!!

By: bubbly
#3  by: GDI   

A Phi has the best rep among the middle tiers. They're always pretty and a lot of fun. I would say KD is next, the girls in it are really nice and seem like they go out a lot and have a good time. DG the girls are really nice but they dont seem to party that much and they seem kinda uptight

By: GDI
#4  by: nova2016   

Recruitment is in less than a month, so just be patient and see for yourself once you get there :)

By: nova2016
#5  by: what   

why do people keep calling delta gamma uptight?? they are fun loving girls who party all the time. And as for Kappa Delta i'm pretty sure their reputation is that they party all the time...like too much...soo i dont know what you are talking about. And Alpha Phi is spreading the rumor that they are top tier when no guys or girls outside that sorority think that. they try too hard. I would rank them DG, KD, APhi and thats the truth

By: what
#6  by: ...   

^^not the truth. Coming from a male in Greek life, I'd rank it alpha phi, dg,kd

By: ...
#7  by: truth   

A Phi- good looking/party a lot/ have a reputation of trying really hard
Kappa Delta- really close girls/mostly attractive/were on social probation fall semester
Delta Gamma- preppy/ cute not hot/ apparently not as fun as the other 2nd tiers?

By: truth
#8  by: umwhat   

i'm not in a "middle tier" chapter, but have any of you honestly seen these chapters? KD is NOT cute. definitely a clear example of the sorority effect. look at them each individually. no. and many of them have awful personalities or are absolutely insane.
DGs are the sweetest out of the three, for sure. and i'd say the prettiest too. anddd definitely the most involved on campus.
i think APhis try too hard and that's the only reason anyone even thinks they might be good, but they're really not. they're just really good at faking their way through recruitment, then don't do ANYTHING the rest of the year.

By: umwhat
by: kDec 16, 2013 5:58:31 PM

you're a dg. relax.

By: k
by: umwhatDec 16, 2013 6:20:39 PM

nope.

By: umwhat
by: froshDec 16, 2013 11:34:14 PM

I'm actually a freshman and I know a LOT of girls vying for APhi because of the fact that they're upper middle tier. They won't need to fake anything to get recruits.

By: frosh
#9  by: asdf   

just wait for recruitment. you can't go in with any expectations because you'll most likely just set yourself up for disappointment, even if you get into the one that you THINK you want. you have to just go with the flow, be yourself, and trust the process. if you're really that impatient, check out all the chapters' facebook pages, twitters, instagrams, and websites. it'll at least give you an idea about how each chapter is.

By: asdf

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.