facebook

kappa

by: gURL

I really really want to rush Kappa! Being that they don't have the best reputation, how good do you think my shot is? I am in between average and pretty in looks and love to party! Do a lot of girls go into rush typically wanting them?

Posted By: gURL
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Luvly   

Kappa has a fine reputation. Loving to "party" doesn't make you kappa material though. Choose a sorority based on which girls you mix with best. If you don't they'll probably notice your phonyness and drop you anyway

By: Luvly
#2  by: Oh   

People still WANT to be in kappa?

By: Oh
#3  by: Lol   

Kappas on prohbation. The new pledge class would be penalized too and wouldn't get to have/go to mixers

By: Lol
by: whyOct 5, 2013 3:40:57 PM

why are they on probation?

By: why
by: vuOct 5, 2013 4:13:25 PM

lol this is just blatantly untrue..?

By: vu
by: heyOct 5, 2013 8:55:26 PM

I'm pretty sure this is untrue. They just had their grabba the other night. Plus I'm friends with a decent amount of them on facebok and none said anything about probation. Pretty sure this person is just trying to make kappa sound bad.

By: hey
by: XOct 6, 2013 2:46:14 PM

Kappa delta's on social probation. Not kappa kappa gamma.

By: X
by: senseOct 6, 2013 5:03:01 PM

^ makes sense! what are they on probation for?

By: sense
by: safOct 6, 2013 8:25:40 PM

kappa delta is not on probation for the spring and with the new pledge class at all. kappas currently getting in trouble for i think the same thing (proof of unofficial mixers which all sororities have had) but they havent made consequences yet

By: saf
by: nova2016Oct 13, 2013 9:42:38 AM

Actually, Panhel has banned everything that you would consider a mixer by normal standards. Now mixers must be held in outside venues (like a local bar), bar tended by a licensed bartender, and registered through Greek life. The consequence of this is being on social probation for three functions. I am involved with Panhel and they made every chapter president sign a document regarding this new rule. They're taking it very seriously.

By: nova2016
#4  by: VUgreek   

Kappa Delta is an awesome group of girls and what happened to them wasn't really their fault at all.............it seems like they were just unlucky and got caught for what everyone does. I would go KD over KKG anyday though

By: VUgreek
by: gURLOct 10, 2013 9:24:56 AM

I don't really like Kappa Delta from who and what I see on campus. Seem very boring.

By: gURL
by: hiNov 23, 2013 7:28:36 PM

the difference between kappa delta and KKG is that the kd girls actually like one another whereas kkg everyone hates each other. as a sophomore, i would go kd over kkg anyday. kd is down to earth and the girls are so funny

By: hi
#5  by: help   

im nervous about getting into kappa...what if i dont know a kappa girl personally before going into recruitment? is it a lost cause??

By: help
by: swirlOct 8, 2013 7:34:25 PM

don't be nervous! even if you don't know any girls in a sorority, if you look your best, act your best, and stay positive, you'll be sure to get into the sorority that's perfect for you. if it happens to be kappa, great! if it's another one, great! but overall don't be nervous if you don't know any girls in a sorority prior to recruitment, after all, you're going through this to make new friends!

By: swirl
#6  by: kd   

well then i definitely won't go into kappa delta if they're on social probation. what's the point then? no fun events. ew.

By: kd
by: kdOct 23, 2013 12:36:56 AM

kappa delta will have mixers and functions next semester so the probation has nothing to do with recruitment and wont affect the new pledge class

By: kd
#7  by: haze   

KKG hazes. They're the only ones here that do. I would consider going DDD or AXO if you want to still be in top tier, but have sisters who respect and care about you and don't try to make you feel bad about yourself.

By: haze
#8  by: money   

Is it possible for me to get a bid from Kappa if I'm not loaded with money? I feel I fit in with their personality and looks, but my family doesn't come from a lot of money. Do they really take that as seriously as everyone says?

By: money
by: umOct 14, 2013 1:21:11 PM

you haven't even gone through rush yet. if these are the kinds of things you think about, you shouldn't even rush because you will be disappointed. There is no sorority at any school that will drop you because of your finances, they have no way of even knowing that. My sister was a kappa here (I don't go here) and we are not made of money. That being said, if she still went to nova and saw this comment (as well as the original comment) - she would probably drop you just for being annoying.

By: um

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.