facebook

recruitment

by: Freshman

Could someone guide me through the recruitment process? What days, what goes on, where and when, etc.?

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: panhel gal   

Hi, I'm a member of Panhellenic at Villanova!
First things first, I urge you to not take to hear the things published on this website. There are plenty of catty, nasty, and downright horrible things said on here. People stick to stereotypes, which is horrible because each chapter is made up of incredible, smart, pretty, friendly girls. Instead, look at the Villanova Panhellenic website!!

Anyways, recruitment occurs the week before second semester of classes start. You will move in and have a pizza dinner with your recruitment group on the Tuesday of this week. You will get to know your Rho Gamma (recruitment counselor) and the girls in your recruitment group. You also get your tee shirts for first rounds.
On Wednesday, it is "Meet the Greeks" day. On this day, you meet all nine chapters. You wear your tee shirt that you got the night before with jeans and boots, flats, etc and whatever sort of accessories you want. At the end of this day, you rank all nine.
On Thursday morning, you get your schedule from your Rho Gamma. You will see up to seven this day (but don't worry if you don't get asked back to seven...it just makes the process easier and the long day a little shorter haha). Who you see this day is in part determined by your rankings but also determined by the sororities. Let's say you ranked like this:
A 1st
B 2nd
C 3rd and so on, but sororities C and D did not ask you back. In that case, your rankings get moved up so sororitie

By: panhel gal
#2  by: panhel gal   

(cont'd) H and I (who were previously 8 and 9 for you) are now 6 and 7. If H and I asked you back for the second day, you will scheduled to see them. (side note: you must see every sorority that you are scheduled to see that day). You rank again at the end of today, but this time only have a top 5 to narrow it down.
On Friday, the same process occurs, but this time you see up to 5 sororities. You rank at the end of the day.
On Saturday, you see up to two. At the end of the day, you rank these two.
On Sunday, it's Bid Day (yayyyyy!!!!). You pick up your bid and then go to your bid day party to meet your new sisters.

Recruitment is stressful, but more than worth it! Just trust the system and know that you'll wind up just where you belong:)

By: panhel gal

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.