facebook

greek life

by: Honest Comet

Greek life at UTD is nothing like greek life at a big state school like UT-Austin. I mean, it's UTD. However, greek life is definitely a social thing at UTD. Not many kids at school are into greek life, and Frats and Sororities definitely do not dominate the campus at all. But, if you're looking for a social life at UTD, greek life would be perfect for you. If you're a decently attractive/social girl, you'll get into a sorority and if you're not in one, you'll get invited to parties. Guys are a little harder, but if you're cool and not anti-social, you'll get into a frat and if you're not in one and are friends with greek kids, you'll get into parties. Other greeks from different schools tend to laugh at the greek life here at UTD. If you're in greek here, most people off and on campus tend to think of it as a joke. However, i've been to a couple frat and sorority parties and have found them to be pretty good, though nowhere near as "greek" as schools such as A&M and UT. Some of the people in greeks are really wannabe typical "fratty douches" and "sorostitutes". However, most of the people in greek tend to be quite genuine and fun. To be honest, most people in UTD greek probably wouldn't make it into top tier frats and sororities at another big name school, but for UTD, they definitely know how to have a good time. UTD is still very much a "nerdy" school, even with the greeks, the only difference is that the greeks are "nerds" who like to have fun.

Posted By: Honest Comet
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: tru   

Completely agree. It's fine if they do their own thing as long as they have fun. Though I find it hilarious when they draw comparisons between themselves and the other Greek systems such as UT and SMU which are truly Greek schools. The wannabe "frat star"/"tfm" reader type at UTD are a joke. You would struggle to make it in the bottom tier at the big Greek campuses.

By: tru
#2  by: Now   

Wait a minute not all greeks here are nerds. I think they came here because they settled for this since they couldn't attend any of the big schools

By: Now
#3  by: OP   

TLDR; you care too much

By: OP

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.