facebook

guys are more shallow

by: Canyousee

Why is it that girls in a top tier don't care what fraternity a guy is in if she's into him but yet literally no top tier guys ( sigma chi, delta chi, or yeah verdandi ) would even consider dating a girl if she's not in a "good" sorority?! this is some proof that guys are the ones that are more shallow.

I didn't come to college to relive high school. Think about it- in High school there would be 'popular' girls that would date guys that werent but yet you never saw the star football players dating anything but popular girls. Why is this?! I'm not in a sorority but I'm going to go through rush in the fall as a sophomore and I honestly don't care about tier and I see on here that guys don't care but it seems like only low tier guys don't care. I have friends in greek life and this is so obviously true. Not even saying I want to date a delta chi necessarily or anything but I find it funny

Posted By: Canyousee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

I'm not sure if you're just venting but there is sorta a basis for this if you look up social stratification and mate selection theories. There is a study from a Texas tech professor regarding the effects on college women who either do not get in sorority of their choice or end up in a "lower" status sorority. It's a pretty interesting read and can account for drop in confidence and mood.
As far as mate selection goes with men, without going into much detail, men who perceive themselves as high-status, whether due to upbringing or high school popularity,ETC seek out mates for long-term/marriage based to some extent on early experiences. Attractiveness plays a large role but the "it" factor is just as important . This often is due a common early experience that a male might have, i.e. a girl who took his breath away, . the girl in high school who was the lead in the school play, or the class president who spoke at assemblies, or the head cheerleader, these are all common examples because there is the performance factor where he's watching her on "stage" and becomes enamored.This tends to be a love interest of a male who feels he is entitled to the best. It's a common "TV trope" too.
It's possible this comes into play as these type of girls tend to be drawn to higher-status organizations. Not to say this is what's going on but it's one theory. Men will always look to fill that need to have a girl that makes him feel like these early experiences. Human behavior is fascinating

By: Well

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.